2 months ago
De Vere Selsdon Estate
The next chapter for De Vere Selsdon Estate is afoot and we are looking for new team members to join us on the journey.
Following a multi-million pound refurbishment, Selsdon Estate now looks incredible and so it is the perfect time to join our team. We offer a fantastic range of opportunities and development in our departments including restaurant & bars, weddings, conference & events, kitchen, leisure, golf and front of house to name just a few.
Working at De Vere Selsdon Estate means you’ll get involved in everything from weddings to corporate meetings and banqueting events. Our team works hard, so we show our appreciation by hosting colleague functions and treats such as family fun days, donut days and welcome gifts on your first day. With excellent training and career development opportunities, your future awaits.
Wedding & Special Events Co-ordinator
What is the main purpose of the role?
In this key role for our business, your responsibility will be to effectively handle and convert wedding and social enquiries from initial stages through to final details, followed by the accurate communication of client requirements to the Operational team prior to the event itself.
You will ensure customers’ expectations are met and exceeded, in turn supporting the achievement of the property’s budget and targets.
A key part of this role is to conduct show rounds for Weddings and Special Events, ensuring that correct information is given to the appropriate enquiry. You will also assist with organisation of Wedding Showcases to highlight the property to the local wedding and banqueting market.
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role, experience of working in a similar role previously, ideally within a 4* quality hotel/events centre, is essential.
We are looking for a customer focussed individual with the ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining a positive, can do attitude. You will need excellent organisation and time management skills with an eye for detail and the ability to use your own initiative.
Communication skills are key, allowing you to build strong and effective working relationships across the business and to create a rapport with guests.
You will be IT literate and it would be advantageous for you to have some knowledge of Opera.
* A competitive salary
* 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
* Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
* Access to our Exclusively Yours, Voluntary Benefits portal, which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
* Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
* Long service awards which increase with length of service
* Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
* Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
* Free meals on duty
* Free uniform provided
Please take a look.