about 1 month ago
We’re looking for a Wedding & Events Manager to lead our Conference & Events sales activities
If you’re an experienced sales manager and have a history of event planning, looking for the next step in your career in Weddings & Events this position could be for you.
Your day to day;
* Leading all Wedding and Events sales activity meeting challenging targets
* Being the point of contact for wedding and event clients and answering any queries they might have
* You will use your keen eye for detail to help develop the clients’ events and showcase the hotels facilities to maximize revenue
* Ensuring administration of the diary is up to date, confirming wedding occupancy and any other events and ensuring customer needs are effectively communicated and delivered
* Offering show-rounds to potential Wedding & Events Clients working around their schedule
* Attending wedding fairs and other sales events to improve knowledge
* Your working weeks can vary and will include some weekends
Who are we looking for?
We need someone who is passionate about Events to join our fantastic Conference and Events sales team. You will comfortable managing your own diary and ensuring no opportunities are missed.
Weddings & Events are very important to our guests but they also mean a lot to us too, we pride ourselves on providing great facilities and experiences. You will need to identify opportunities to promote every part of the hotel, maximizing revenue and ensuring the guests get everything they want.
You will be able to provide warm hospitality to customers, companies and agents making bookings whilst driving sales and achieving targets.
If you have a flair for organisation, great communication skills and can turn ideas into reality then this could be the role for you.
In return, we are offering a rewarding role with scope for career progression along with;
* A competitive salary, negotiable dependent on experience
* 28 days annual leave (rising to 33 days after 5 years)
* Health cash plan
* Generous employee discounts
* Life assurance
* Bespoke training programmes accessible to all
* An engaging & supportive work environment
Solent Hotel & Spa is a four-star property, ideally placed within easy reach of Portsmouth and Southampton. It welcomes hundreds of leisure and business guests every week and staff pride themselves on providing a quality experience. With 117 guest rooms, 13 meeting rooms, restaurant, bar and spa, it's a busy place to work. It is part of The House of Daniel Thwaites, a unique collective of Inns, Hotels & Spas offering warm hospitality and high quality service in a welcoming environment. It’s a great time to join the business, we recently completed a refurbishment of the restaurant or spa and opened a new 54-bedroom lodge next to the hotel.
Thwaites was established in 1807 and to this day remains a family run Business. We have Hotels, Inns, Pubs and a Brewery and are focused on providing superb hospitality in outstanding properties in great locations –
What are you Thwaiting for?