over 2 years ago
The Set embraces the best of the traditional Grand hotels and the new design hotels in turn, providing the best of both worlds. Heritage, attention to detail and impeccable service sit harmoniously alongside modernity, wellbeing and technology, giving us the ability to stay in tune with the personal rhythms of our guests’ lifestyles. Hotels of The Set allow guests to continue to do what they love doing in locations and surroundings where they feel they belong. We want people to feel part of The Set, seek out our hotels when they travel, and always wish to return. We do this by creating places that move people. Places they love, want to return to, and tell others about whilst at the same time enabling new discoveries; something that makes them think differently.
Our three founding properties in Amsterdam, London and Paris all sit in the cultural heart of their vibrant cities, and have attracted the people who drive change and creativity for decades. We feel a great sense of responsibility to preserve the soul and individuality of each property – its features, feeling and heritage – to retain its sense of place, purpose and continued contribution to its locality.
As a Waiter/Waitress you will welcome both visitors and hotel guests to Laurent restaurant. As well as service delivery you will also provide advice and guidance to guests to compliment guest menu choices and enhancing their overall dining experience. Finally you will have both the poise and sophistication to deliver an elegant and personalised service to our guests.
* A natural elegance and passion for providing a luxurious level of service that is personalised, confident and calm
* Previous experience as a Commis Waiter or Waiter ideally gained within a brasserie in a luxury hotel, a casual fine dining restaurant or the like
* Excellent knowledge and appreciation of food & wine
* Your communication skills will be exceptional with the confidence to build strong working relationships and connect with guests visiting us from all over the world - fluent level of spoken English is essential and another language is advantageous
* Immaculate personal grooming
* Flexibility to mornings, evening and weekend shifts
* Competitive salary package
* Complimentary meals on duty in our colleague restaurant
* Complimentary laundering of work attire
* Extensive accommodation discounts including access to friends and family rates, not only in London but also at our sister properties in Paris and Amsterdam
* Food & Beverage discounts in our restaurants and spa discounts in Akasha
* Extensive training & development opportunities, including workshops and e-learning
* Discount card for shopping and dining in the Regent Street area
* Membership of group life assurance and pension schemes
* Regular subsidised social and wellbeing events, such as yoga, kick-boxing, sushi making with our Laurent sushi chefs, pub quiz, back therapy, chiropody, Apple workshops and flower arranging with our in-house florists
* Opportunity to be a part of one of London’s foremost 5* hotels – already a member of ‘Leading Hotels of the World – and part of the wider group of hotels, The Set
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications, we are unable to contact unsuccessful candidates.