3 months ago
Grand Imperial is a stunning Cantonese restaurant based at The Grosvenor Hotel, Victoria. The restaurant is designed around the ancient practice of Feng-shui, features original pieces of artwork and calligraphy along with traditional artefacts, creating the perfect fine dining Cantonese experience to enjoy authentic dishes.
The Waiter/Waitress delivers a warm welcome, and ensures that all guests receive a quick, efficient and professional dining experience
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES / MAIN DUTIES
* Conduct friendly and efficient seating to a table.
* Get to know regular guests and takes steps to personalise the guest dining experience to build guest loyalty.
* Comply with Data Protection and all other related policies
* Communicate with other colleagues and departments regarding guest requests..
* To serve and dispense Food and Beverages in the area designated by the Team Leader / Manager.
* To follow up the daily cleaning schedule and preparations.
* Operate the POS system in taking orders / making payments.
* Clean and set up restaurant.
* Carry out post-function procedures, moving furniture to original restaurant settings. Dispose of waste material safely.
* Operate cloakrooms and any other service requested.
* To take responsibility to ensure that all areas of the restaurant are always presented at their best for guests and in line with Health and Safety policy.
* Carries out any other reasonable tasks.
* Fully understands equipment and systems in the Food and Beverage area.
* Reports Health and Safety hazards immediately to line manager.
What we look for
* Highly guest- focused with a passion for great service and a drive for guest satisfaction.
* Comfortable in a font line role facing the public.
* Empathetic and able to build relationships
* An open personality who is relaxed and natural in their interactions
* Accurate with good attention to detail
* Able to create a positive first impression and be an ambassador for the brand and glh
* Can demonstrate commercial awareness within the context of their role
* Ability to speak and write Chinese desirable.
What's in it for you?
* 20 days holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays
* Discounted rates on hotel rooms, food and drink across the glh group
* Interest free season ticket loans (conditions apply)
* Access to a 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
* Long Service Awards
* Pension and Healthcare Schemes
* Generous recommend a friend scheme
* Access to discounts and cashback through a huge range of retailers and service providers via our online benefits portal
* Wonderful Person of the month scheme with cash prizes
* Childcare vouchers
* Staff refreshments on shift