10 months ago
Guests visit The Grove, Hertfordshire’s spectacular 5 star hotel resort, for a real breath of fresh air. Central London quality – and benefits - without the hassle. From sheer indulgence to all sorts of outdoor activity across the 300-acre estate, our world-class, award-winning Sequoia Spa and Health Club soothes and stimulates, revitalises and inspires. To continue exceeding our guests’ expectations, we need to rely on, and develop, every member of the team.
We love welcoming new talent into our serving team, especially when they are brimming with positive customer focus and a keenness to thrill and delight our guests. If you have a customer service background and you are used to providing an interactive and personalised approach to everyone you meet, this could be the role for you.
In order to be successful in your application with us, you’ll need to possess a range of core skills, including;
* Having a proven background in meeting and supporting guests with their needs and requests.
* Excellent communications skills, with a great command of the English language (both written and spoken)
* A flexible attitude to working hours – this role covers all different shifts.
* An eye for detail and a desire to deliver the 5* standard to our guests.
Please note, owing to our need for our servers to process and deliver alcohol, you must be over 18 to apply.
The Grove is one of three prestigious hotels operated by Ralph Trustees, a family-owned, independent hotel group. We are a spectacular 5* resort, offering our guests a slice of tranquillity and calm, away from the stresses of everyday life.
Across our 300-acre estate, we offer a number of fantastic and salivating dining options, flexible and inspiring spaces for conference and banqueting events, a range of outdoor activities - including our renowned 18 hole golf course - and an indulgent award-winning spa and health club.
Being family-owned means that both our guests and our employees are treated as individuals and not one of the crowd.
Our outlets are all very different, as are our serving teams.
We offer luxury buffet-style dining in The Glasshouse, a seasonal menu with a la carte service in The Stables, relaxing Afternoon Teas in The Lounges and 24/7 in-room dining brought to you courtesy of the Room Service team.
We are happy to talk through all these options with you to make sure you have applied for the right role to suit you.
Why join us?
Aside from the personal touches that come with working in a family-run business, we also offer a range of benefits designed to make you feel valued, appreciated and important.
* use of the on-site award-winning facilities such as the spa, golf course and gym.
* one free meal on duty in our staff canteen
* a subsidised shuttle bus to/from Watford town centre
* generous discounts for you and your family/friends on stays in the hotel
* subsidised staff accommodation in the local area (if required)
* generous gratuities