about 1 year ago
At the heart of Edwardian Hotels London is a simple founding belief, that from back of house to the boardroom we are all Hosts. Everyone is encouraged to express their individuality and initiative, and to bring their passion to work. (We may wear uniforms, but we don’t believe in uniformity.)
Everything we do is driven by a desire to exceed our guests’, clients and partners expectations. To surprise and delight. To make the time our guests choose to spend with us genuinely exceptional. So that even the shortest stay with us, will last long in their memory. Everyone who works here does this every day across our portfolio of brands, in highly prestigious locations in London and beyond.
For 40 years Edwardian Hotels London has built upon this ambition, and as a family owned company we’re proud of the freedom our independence gives us to grow our business on a relentless and memorable curve – upwards.
With an enviable collection of luxurious distinctive hotels and restaurants such as The May Fair Hotel, Radisson Blu Edwardian London Hotels, Steak and Lobster, Scoff and Banter, May Fair Kitchen, Annayu and May Fair Bar; in the most desirable locations of the UK's most vibrant cities, EHL's vision is unique: To Be Memory Makers.
Being a Memory Maker as a Waiter/waitress
In this role, you will become part of the Edwardian family and work within Food and Beverage in Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street
* Ensuring the restaurant is correctly set up for Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner service
* Takes orders and serves food and beverage to guest in accordance with company standards
* Read tables and understand guests needs
* Carry trays and plates confidently and comfortably
* Have full knowledge of the food and beverage products
* Communicate effectively and respectfully to guests on all levels and all members of staff
* To check and maintain reservations for the restaurant including corresponding and following up on all reservations and enquiries for the restaurant and bar
* Clears tables, cleans food and beverage areas, and prepares equipment and mise en place on an ongoing basis
* Handles cash payments and float in accordance with company standards
* Responsible for keeping up to date with food and beverage products and finding out about daily specials/new menu additions
* Keeps up to date with health and safety regulations, and adheres to emergency procedures.
* Previous experience as a Waiter/ Waitress in a 4-5* Hotel or in a destination restaurant
* Has a good level of Food and Beverage product knowledge
* Has a good command of the English language
* Is able to use IT applications, including Opentable, E-mail, Micros
* Confident ability to communicate and establish rapport
* Ability to deliver the finest customer service
* Create a friendly working environment at all times
* To have a fantastic attention to detail in all aspects of the role
* Ensure all guests have a memorable experience which will encourage them to return
We Believe In Developing and Delighting Our Hosts So You Will Receive:
* Competitive Salary
* Complimentary 2 night stay in a luxury Edwardian Hotel of your choice (after two years service)
* Preferential accommodation rates for all Edwardian Hotels for Hosts, friends and family
* Discounts on food and beverage up to 30% in all Edwardian restaurants and bars
* Discounts on Spas and beauty treatments
* Hot meals and salad bar, teas, coffees and juices provided each day
* Uniforms provided per role requirement
All Hosts must have valid permission to live and work in the United Kingdom. Verification of documentation will be undertaken as part of the recruitment process.