12 months ago
Ultimate Leaders Programme – Rooms – The Dorchester, 45 Park Lane & Coworth Park - Q2 2018
About Dorchester Collection UK
The ultimate hotel management company, with a passion for excellence and innovation, honouring the individuality and heritage of its iconic hotels.
Our vision is to develop highly skilled supervisors and assistant managers who have the talent to lead and motivate a team to deliver the Dorchester Collection Ultimate Guest Experience.
The Dorchester, 45 Park Lane and Coworth Park are seeking an exceptional graduate to join our team as our Ultimate Leaders Programme graduate in our Rooms Division in this 18 month programme which would include exposure in departments such as Front Office, Housekeeping and Sense of Arrival allowing you to gain knowledge of billing, Guest Relations and Concierge. You will have a mentor from our Leadership team and will complete a number of projects during your time with us. And with almost 15 training courses on offer during your programme, you will have access to world-class training and a chance to engage in your own development.
The ultimate hotel management company, Dorchester Collection attracts, develops and inspires the world's best talent. Care to join us?
We offer our Graduates the world’s best pay and benefits:
* Very generous Employee Introductory Scheme offered
* World-class training and development
* Complimentary nights with breakfast within Dorchester Collection
* 50% F&B discount at selected restaurants within Dorchester Collection
* The successful Graduate will be able to participate in a variety of social events and Corporate Social Responsibility activities throughout the year
* Fantastic pension scheme
* Meals provided while on duty
* Uniforms provided or complimentary dry-cleaning
* UK resident card loan
Rooms Graduate role overview:
* You will complete an intensive training programme within our Rooms Division in order to develop and obtain the key skills to become a successful manager in the future.
* To assist the supervisors and assistant managers in the correct manning of their departments, ensuring that the manning levels correspond to present and future business levels, and that productivity levels are optimised through correct scheduling of staff and holiday planning.
* To assist in interviewing and recruiting team members for their areas
* Through visible management, to ensure high levels of motivation and morale in the Rooms Division teams.
* To comply fully with all statutory requirements on Health and Safety, and all aspects of the Hotel's Health and Safety policy.
* To monitor, with the Front Office Manager, the cycle of reservations, guest billing and payment, insuring 100% accuracy.
* To assist the Front Office Manager in compiling forecasts and budgets.
* To drive upsell within the department
* To promote excellent Public Relations with Hotel guests and monitor their comments, complaints and suggestions, in order to make corrective suggestions to the Front Office Manager.
* You will have the opportunity for cross-exposure in administrative and support departments such as Sales and Finance.
Experience and Qualifications
* When you have applied you will go through our talent assessment process of a video application, followed by an assessment day at The Dorchester in London.
* Eligibility to work in the United Kingdom.
* Preferably Hotel School Degree or Diploma
* You must have previous experience in a Front Office, Guest Relations or Reservations environment
* Experience using Opera property management system highly advantageous
* Must be a good listener, even tempered and be able to deal effectively with all types of people, conciliation skills, a good motivator, displaying a positive attitude at all times.
* Flexible to changes in your programme as necessary as per business demands, such as supporting our sister property Coworth Park for a big event.
The ultimate hotel management company, The Dorchester attracts, develops and inspires the world’s best talent. Care to join us?