about 1 year ago
Ultimate Leaders Programme - F&B – The Dorchester, 45 Park Lane & Coworth Park - Q2 2018
About Dorchester Collection UK
The ultimate hotel management company, with a passion for excellence and innovation, honouring the individuality and heritage of its iconic hotels.
Our vision is to develop highly skilled supervisors and assistant managers who have the talent to lead and motivate a team to deliver the Dorchester Collection Ultimate Guest Experience.
The Dorchester, 45 Park Lane and Coworth Park are seeking an exceptional graduate to join our team as a Food & Beverage graduate in our Food & Beverage team in this 18 month programme, which would include exposure in the The Grill restaurant at The Dorchester, Restaurant Coworth Park or The Promenade at The Dorchester where we have our famous afternoon tea. The programme also includes opportunities for exposure in events operations and Food & Beverage cost control.
You will have a mentor from our Leadership team and will complete a number of projects during your time with us. And with almost 15 training courses on offer during your programme, you will have access to world-class training and a chance to engage in your own development.
The ultimate hotel management company, Dorchester Collection attracts, develops and inspires the world's best talent. Care to join us?
We offer our Food & Beverage Graduates the world’s best pay and benefits:
* Very generous Employee Introductory Scheme offered
* World-class training and development
* Complimentary nights with breakfast within Dorchester Collection
* 50% F&B discount at selected restaurants within Dorchester Collection
* The successful Graduate will be able to participate in a variety of social events and Corporate Social Responsibility activities throughout the year
* Fantastic pension scheme
* Meals provided while on duty
* Uniforms provided or complimentary dry-cleaning
* UK resident card loan
Food & Beverage Graduate role overview:
* You will complete an intensive training programme within the Food & Beverage Division in order to develop and obtain the key skills to become a successful manager in the future.
* The successful candidate will gain an insight from our Leaders in the correct manning of their departments, ensuring that the manning levels correspond to present and future business levels, and that productivity levels are optimised through correct scheduling of staff and holiday planning.
* To get a thorough overview and exposure to the appraisal process. Learn how our supervisors counsel and advise our team members on their personal development journeys.
* To comply fully with all statutory requirements on Health and Safety, and all aspects of the Hotel's Health and Safety policy.
* To ensure the correct storage of items, both food and beverage and operating equipment in all areas of F&B.
* To drive upselling within the different outlets
* To promote excellent Public Relations with Hotel guests and monitor their comments, complaints and suggestions, in order to make corrective suggestions to the F&B Managers.
* You will have the opportunity for cross-exposure in administrative and support departments such as Sales and Finance
Experience and Qualifications
* When you have applied you will go through our talent assessment process of a video application, followed by an assessment day at The Dorchester in London.
* Eligibility to work in the United Kingdom.
* Preferably Hotel School Degree or Diploma
* You must have previous experience in a Food & Beverage environment
* As a role model to the hotel, your image and grooming must be immaculate.
* Must be a good listener, even tempered and be able to deal effectively with all types of people, conciliation skills, a good motivator, displaying a positive attitude at all times.
* Flexible to changes in your programme as necessary as per business demands, such as supporting our sister property Coworth Park for a big event.
The ultimate hotel management company, The Dorchester attracts, develops and inspires the world’s best talent. Care to join us?