6 months ago
The job in a nutshell
As a Training Designer at Travelodge you’ll be a key member of the Learning and Development team, simplifying & re-designing induction training materials for our Team Members in Housekeeping, Bar Café and Reception to ensure everyone has an effective and positive induction experience.
Whilst we have lots of great induction materials already, our aim is to keep things simple and focus on the essential knowledge needed to feel part of the Travelodge family before moving on to the core skills required for each role.
What you will be doing:
* ●Reporting to the Learning & Development Manager and working with key stakeholders in the business to identify the requirements of the induction.
* ●Review and simplify existing induction materials including e-learning, workbooks & videos, working with external partners where necessary.
* ●Building and nurturing effective working relationships with key stakeholders, whilst challenging and influencing in a positive manner to enable lasting change
* ●Ensure all new materials are consistent with Travelodge language, vision and core behaviours and have been reviewed and approved by the appropriate stakeholders prior to “Go Live”
What we’ll expect from you
To succeed in this role you will be competent in all elements of the Training Cycle.
You will be experienced in the design of induction training materials, having developed materials using a range of solutions such as; workbooks, videos, webinars, elearning, etc..
You will be able to quickly understand the Travelodge culture and manage your own time effectively in order to consistently meet all of the key milestones of this project.
Travel between multiple locations may be a requirement as well as overnight stays.
You’ll need to be a self-starter who can manage their own time, resilient and resourceful with the capability of meeting deadlines.
At Travelodge, we believe that behaviours are just as important as the activities you carry out. The ones we look for in every colleague are:
I care about people
* ●I treat everyone in a way you would like to be treated
* ●I am easy to work with
* ●I have a can do attitude
* ●I care about the impact my work has on others
I pay attention to detail
* ●I do the little things that make a difference to our customers
* ●I work to brand standards
* ●I treat Travelodge time, equipment and stock as if it were my own
I drive for results
* ●I hit targets in my role and work at the right pace
* ●I take ownership of problems and try to fix them fast
* ●I look for ways to avoid future problems
* ●I look for ways to promote Travelodge
What you can expect from us
At Travelodge, we are warm, straightforward and optimistic. We have a big footprint in the UK, but still a small company feel and you can expect quality and value to be built in to everything we do. You’ll have the support of a close network of colleagues and managers, and every day is different here! We want you to bring your personality to work and we love our diversity.
Reward and recognition
It’s not just our customers we want to wake up with a smile on their face. As well as a competitive salary, being part of our hotel support centre means great holiday entitlements, pension contribution deals, being part of our bonus scheme, and a Thanks Card giving generous room and food discounts as well as friends and family rates.
Career and development
We want you to develop further with us at Travelodge and we’ll provide you a development plan to help you reach your goals. You can expect to have a full induction and training relevant to your role. We advertise all our vacancies internally, so you’ll have the opportunity to really develop your career with Travelodge.