8 months ago
Team Leader of the Lady Abercorn pub at Andaz London Liverpool Street
I am responsible successfully overseeing the running of the pub and I share the daily responsibility of the Lady Abercorn with the other Team Leaders and Outlet Manager as well as working alongside the staff in the kitchen; I head up the service side of the operation and have few other Team Leaders who share the responsibility.
The team consists further of waiter/waitresses, bartenders, commis waiters/waitresses and temporary staff. I am also charge of all their development and progression as it’s the people that make the experience for our guests and help create lasting memories.
My main area of responsibility is to run Lady Abercorn's unscripted service, whereby everybody can add their individual touch and ‘personal style’ to the ambience and environment. I also contribute to the financial success of the operation which includes keeping to defined targets of revenue, cost and keeping a close eye on payroll; this includes rota preparation, managing periods of annual leave and ensuring we have the right people in the right place at the right time.
The most important skill is the ability to multitask as there is a busy operation to run while planning the staff and keeping watch over service levels and revenues.
There is a strong group of people around me with young and ambitious staff as well as experienced personnel who have worked with us for long periods of time. They all have great potential and it makes me happy to bring them together into a great team and achieve the results as a group.
What is in it for you?
Continuous learning and development is paramount to us. As such, we pride ourselves on developing and supporting all our colleagues. You will have access to various learning opportunities both online and in our dedicated training room.
• 12 free nights per year of service across Hyatt Hotels worldwide
• Employee and Friends & Family rates across Hyatt Hotels worldwide
• 1 Complimentary night stay for 2 in the Andaz (incl. dinner and breakfast) after 6 months of employment
• Discounts of up to 50% in our 7 restaurants & bars
• Uniform provided and laundered complimentary
• Complimentary meals on duty
• Refer a friend bonus £500 per colleague introduced
• Bike 2 work scheme
• Busy social calendar including annual summer & Christmas celebrations
• Workplace pension scheme
• Annual season ticket loan
• Team member & performance rewards system redeemable in the form of complimentary stays, massages and many more
Please be sure to be eligible to work and live in the UK before applying
Property: Andaz Liverpool Street
Hotel Brand/Office Type: Andaz
Primary Location: United Kingdom-England-London
Pay Basis: Yearly Pound Sterling (GBP)
Job Level: Entry Level Manager
Job: Food and Beverage
Job Sub Category: Bars/Restaurants/Outlets
Worldwide/Local Candidates: Local
Work from Home Availability: No
Remote Position: No
Req ID: LON003144