5 months ago
IHG is one of the largest hotel companies in the world, with a portfolio of successful brands including InterContinental, Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza. We passionately believe that it’s our people who make us what we are today, and it’s our people who will help us and our world-famous brands grow. Whether in our corporate offices or hotels, it’s our colleagues’ distinct personalities and talent that bring to life our purpose of providing True Hospitality for everyone.
Your day to day
We are recruiting for a Tax Manager to be based in our newly refurbished offices in Branston, Burton-upon-Trent. Your main duties will focus on Tax Reporting and Tax Accounting along with supporting the UK Tax team with regulatory compliance, projects and other ad hoc work as required.
As Tax Manager you will be responsible for:
* Ensuring timely and accurate quarterly and annual IFRS tax reporting for any allocated regions;
* Maintaining the actual and forecast tax reporting position for assigned countries including current tax balances and contingencies, recognised and unrecognised deferred tax attributes and cash taxes;
* Assuming responsibility for the day-to-day oversight of the Group’s tax consolidation system (Longview), including the design, testing and roll-out of changes as and when required, and the training of personnel in its use;
* Advising as appropriate on impacts to the reported tax balances under changes to applicable accounting standards;
* Liaising with the statutory auditors to ensure an efficient audit in respect of areas of allocated responsibility; and
* Preparing the Group’s Country-by-Country report.
What we need from you
The successful candidate will have a BA or Masters’ Degree in the relevant field of work and hold a professional accounting qualification (Chartered Accountant and/or Chartered Tax Adviser).
You will have gained at least 1 year of PQE in a major accounting firm or large corporate company. Ideally, you will also have experience of tax accounting under IFRS.
The successful candidate will also have:
* A keen interest in Tax Reporting
* Ability to drive complex system processes
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Ability to develop and maintain working partnerships in a global organisation
* Flexible approach and the ability to respond to short deadlines
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Advocate of strong internal control environment
* Ability to work independently and within a team
* Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
What we offer
At IHG, we promise to recognise you for great work and give you the tools and support needed to build a successful career with us and you will have chance to work with a great set of people.
This role is based in our modern, newly refurbished office in Branston, Staffordshire.
Easily accessible from Birmingham, Nottingham and Leicester, we provide free car parking onsite as well as a free onsite gym and a subsidised restaurant.
But most of all… we’ll give you room to be yourself!
Hit apply if you think you have the skills we’re looking for!
As an equal opportunity employer, IHG is committed to providing a working culture that values diversity and inclusion and is committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a barrier-free recruitment process.
Closing Date for all applications: 4th October 2019