6 months ago
IHG is one of the world’s leading hotel companies, promising to provide True Hospitality for everyone; making you feel welcome and cared for, recognised and respected, wherever you are in the world. Strong future plans and recent successes, especially across the luxury space is what has made us stand out from the crowd. Last year we opened 411 new properties globally and despite the unique global situation this year regarding Covid-19 we have continued to grow our portfolio in 2020. Join us and not only can you benefit from the world of variety and opportunity, you can also look forward to being part of a company that will appreciate you for simply being you. At IHG we celebrate our differences and we believe everyone has something unique to bring to each team.
Your day to day
The Talent Acquisition Manager – Global Strategy will lead talent acquisition strategy and implementation of new programmes supporting regional priorities. Working closely with sub regional teams and other functions on project planning and management, engaging key stakeholders for input and ensuring implementation plans are executed effectively.
The Talent Acquisition Manager – Global Strategy will create, champion, deliver and embed standard, repeatable and measurable world class recruiting practices. You will collaborate with our Regional Resourcing teams to assess need and act as the expert in providing suitable options to support in-region hiring activities.
This role will also have full accountability for all sourcing and recruiting channels globally with a key focus on recruiting effectiveness globally. You will work closely with Talent Acquisition Directors, Regional Talent Acquisition Directors and Global Talent Systems Manager to ensure attraction channels and philosophy meets with business objectives and regional/local recruiting needs in terms of offering an unique candidate journey. Ongoing accountability for external research and ensuring that IHG’s methodology is current is a key aspect of this role.
* Embed the TA infrastructure which includes changes to hiring processes, systems, tools & capabilities
* Defining governance for recruitment/TA approach (i.e. policy, framework, tools and process) across hotels, Res & Corp.
* Defining hotel TA model, tools and processes (design and maintenance) – i.e. what services, products and charges will apply to hotels.
* Have overall accountability for recruiting processes and policies within IHG globally, including RAF (requires review, optimization)
* Lead Global Talent Acquisition projects which underpin the TA strategy and ensure our Employer brand strategy is aligned to our TA strategy
* Review Resourcing Dashboards, to measure performance of TA service
* Co-ordinate & support projects to drive global operational effectiveness of our Recruiting practices in line with TAP programme
* Manage all renewals with our strategic TA partners including but not limited to LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed and Google
* Working with HRSS ensure appropriate resourcing material is available via Merlin & other repositories for HR, and Line Managers to access, relating to recruiting practices
* Define and manage all strategic partnerships with global recruiting partners including recruiting technology providers, job platforms, global recruitment marketing agency, executive search & recruitment agencies, translation partners, research firms, professional networks, digital video interview providers, diversity sites, generic and specialist job boards
* Develop and implement processes to optimise candidate experience for both internal and external hires
* Identify the latest trends in recruitment to ensure that IHG stays ahead of the competition - driving and implementing developments in e-recruitment, sourcing and candidate relationship marketing
* Develop selection tools to enable us to filter candidates effectively against our culture and values
* Optimise utilisation of behavioural and technical assessments within recruiting processes and improve current reports and reporting mechanisms
* In partnership with procurement, responsible for negotiating terms, optimising ways of working and ensuring consistent reporting and ROI for the group
* Ability to travel internationally as required
* Develop approach to build recruiting capability for line managers and recruiters, in line with TAP services, (i.e. recruiting curriculum)
What we need from you
* Professional Human Resources qualifications would be an advantage
* Demonstrable experience of managing global resourcing operations in a global organisation
* Significant, demonstrable recruitment leadership experience in a blue-chip environment, especially establishing innovative sourcing strategies that drive business results
* Sound understanding of legal principles surrounding global talent acquisition and recruiting
* Significant experience working with legal and procurement to ensure contractual harmonisation with vendors
* Proven track record of innovation with candidate attraction and delivery
* Strong knowledge of online employment branding strategies and techniques
* Strong knowledge of and experience with the latest technologies and platforms that support staffing globally
* Knowledge of pre-hire selection assessments use, application and legal requirements
* Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
* Willing and able to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, and demonstrate flexibility
* Ability to work independently but in a team orientated environment
* Possess sound business ethics and show consistency between principles, values and behaviours
* Experience of recruitment tools, systems & processes (desirable)
* Workday experience (highly desirable)
What we offer you
We like to believe we offer a unique culture, where there’s inclusivity yet room to be yourself. When hard work pays off, it’s positive to know you’re appreciated. Alongside our great working environment (currently virtual/remote working environment), we’ll offer you a strong package firstly including an industry competitive salary, an annual bonus, healthcare and incredible worldwide hotel discounts. As an equal opportunity employer, IHG is committed to providing a working culture that values diversity and inclusion and is committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a barrier-free recruitment process.