about 1 year ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Nobu Hotels first European hotel, Nobu Hotel Shoreditch. We are seeking Sushi chefs to join the team at Nobu Hotel Shoreditch. If you are passionate about hospitality and have at least a year experience in a busy, high volume restaurant, then we want to hear from you!
Located on Willow Street in the Shoreditch area of London, the hotel will feature 150 rooms including 7 suites, an 80-seat lobby lounge and a 240 seat Nobu restaurant with outdoor courtyard. Additionally, the property boasts a 178 square metre event space with natural light, and wellness facilities. Unique to London, Nobu Hotel Shoreditch offers a blend of Shoreditch’s creative energy with Nobu’s ethos of simple luxury. We are a very established brand who can offer growth and development, alongside the opportunity to travel.
* Ensure that service is aligned with the Nobu philosophy and standards at all times.
* Able to work a flexible schedule in order to accommodate the business needs.
* Assist Head Sushi Chef and other Chefs as needed in execution of service.
* Operate and maintain kitchen production equipment in accordance with established guidelines and safety procedures.
* Season food to enhance natural flavor.
· Be able to (but not limited to), prepare sauces, tempura, wood oven, teppanyaki, grill, sushi, bake, roast, broil, steam, sauté, fried items and desserts as ordered (or directed) using the correct cooking methods and specifications in accordance with restaurant needs.
· Highly organised and comfortable working in a fast paced and high-pressure environment.
* Attendance in mandatory meetings, training, workshops, daily briefings and weekly meetings.
* Possess a strong charismatic personality.
* Friendly and professional attitude at all times.
* Display a hands-on approach to satisfy the expectation of guest and fellow team members.
* Slice, dice, chop, and prepare food using knives.
* Able to prepare rice, measure and execute recipes.
* Able to create Omakase menu, Omakase dessert menu, and daily specials.
* Skillfully and knowledgeable to work in each kitchen section/station.
* Follow local Health Department food code rules and regulations.
* Ensuring food quality is superior and takes action to correct any irregularities.
In return we offer a competitive package that includes:
* Meals on duty
* 20 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
* Company pension scheme
Nobu Hotel Shoreditch is an equal opportunities employer.