4 months ago
Rosewood Washington DC
Ideally located in the charming neighborhood of Georgetown, alongside the historic C&O Canal, Rosewood Washington, D.C. features 55 rooms, 12 suites, and 6 townhouses. The hotel, which opened in 2013, offers ample privacy, bespoke guest services and a tangible connection to the culture and traditions of the nation’s capital.
In addition to its enviable location, Rosewood Washington, D.C. presents its guests with peerless amenities and facilities. Overlooking the picturesque canal, CUT by Wolfgang Puck and CUT Bar surprise and delight with a creative, seasonally inspired menu and masterful libations. On the rooftop, CUT Above, a wraparound bar and lounge area boasts a stunning indoor-outdoor swimming pool and sweeping views of the Potomac River, Washington Monument, Roosevelt Island and the spires of Georgetown University. Fitness and spa services, private dining and meeting venues, and a calendar of intriguing curated events and occasions round out the hotel’s remarkable offerings.
Responsible for directly handling income auditing, accounts payable, and general cashiering for the property. Assists in month-end closing, bank reconciliation, and other tasks as needed.
* Support, maintain and adhere to all safety, health and sanitary guidelines and recommendations issued by Rosewood, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; OSHA, Federal and local DC Government to mitigate exposure and spread of COVID-19.
* Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures and standards.
* Handle all Accounts Payable by entering in invoices, auditing invoices from managers, producing weekly check runs, and reconciling vendor statements.
* Handle the daily income audit and produce daily revenue reports.
* Act as General Cashier, maintaining the hotel’s cash vault and conducting surprise monthly bank audits.
* Ensure that standards are maintained at a superior level on a daily basis.
* Coordinate the month-end closing process.
* Prepare journal entries in accordance with required procedures.
* Prepare Balance Sheet Reconciliation’s on a monthly basis; provide backup for each account.
* Clear reconciling items within 30 days.
* Assist with audit requirements and requests as needed.
* Ensure general ledger accounts adhere to Uniform Chart of Accounts and company policy.
* Count General Cashier Safe no less than once a month; report results to Director Finance Business Partner.
* Ensure 1099’s are filed by January 31st.
* Ensure all taxes are filed and prepared accurately each month. (I.e., sales, occupancy, etc.)
* Prepare and participate with annual public accounting firm audit of books and records, owner audits and corporate office audits.
* Participate in required meetings.
* Perform any special projects required by Assistant Director of Finance or Director Finance Business Partner.
* Must be able to be flexible with working hours to include evenings, nights, weekends and holidays to support month end closing.
* All other duties as required.
*The list of responsibilities is illustrative only and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by this position. The company reserves the right to add, remove or alter duties when business need dictates.