about 1 year ago
Start Your Journey With Us
At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests stay with us, it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
The award winning One Spa has an exciting opportunity for a Female Spa Attendant (Part Time – 16 hours over the weekend).
One Spa is part of the Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa in Edinburgh and we are looking for a Spa Attendant to join our award winning luxury Spa. Based over several floors our Spa comprises of 19 metre swimming pool, poolside sauna, Rooftop Indoor and Outdoor Hydropool, an extensive thermal suite, numerous treatment rooms, a fully equipped gym and studios and a variety of 5 star products and services.
Under the guidance of the Head Receptionist / Senior Spa Attendant, ensure the highest standards of maintenance, hygiene and cleanliness in all aspects of the spa operation. Particularly the changing areas, Poolside, the thermal Suite and treatment floors
Supporting the spa therapists, receptionists and the Fitness team, you will be a constant presence for our guests and members; assisting them with their needs and requests. You will have passion for outstanding guest service, a positive attitude and effective communication skills. You will be quick, efficient and you will pay close attention to the smallest details.
· To be aware of all facilities offered and any promotions on offer at any given time.
· Assist with tours, showing our facilities as required
· Must adhere to training as set down by your Manager/Supervisor
· To always be punctual and prepared in advance.
· Will be expected to ensure lockers are stocked with clean linen at all times and remove soiled linen.
· To receive training to ensure that all-relevant legislation pertaining to the Health and Safety at work Law and Health and Hygiene standards are implemented and monitored within One Spa.
· To maintain a high standard of appearance and personal hygiene as laid down by your Manager/Supervisor
· Display courtesy to guests and other members of staff at all times.
· To attend to guests throughout the entire spa operation.
· The desire to work within a luxury five star environment
· Excellent written and spoken English
· Flexible and adaptable approach to working hours/available every weekend
· Impeccable personal presentation
· Excellent understanding of client care and five star standards
· Committed, enthusiastic and customer focused
· Ability to work reactively and proactively
· Ability to work as part of a dedicated and passionate team
In return we offer unlimited career opportunities, industry leading benefits (including discounted hotels, free meals on duty, uniform, dental and optical plans), and an environment where your development is our priority. We offer a monthly training calendar full of development opportunities designed to expedite career progression.
Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete safety training and certifications. Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional. Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect. Support team to reach common goals. Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift. Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines (e. g., to identify defects). Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces and steps. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards. Speak with others using clear and professional language, and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.