3 months ago
We work with some of the most talented and unique individuals in our business, who always ensure the extraordinary guest experience of Dorchester Collection and the hotels within it. It is, after all, our people that bring our vision to life. As a member of our Dorchester Collection Family, we will support your development by nurturing your personality, creating a transparent culture of trust collaboration and appreciation. Supported by our annual personal development planning, tailored learning opportunities and our Academy programs you will be a part of creating a bespoke experience.
Treasured by guests. Cherished by employees. Celebrated worldwide.
As an employee, you are expected to provide our guests with a bespoke and memorable experience measured to the highest standards of quality and service delivery. Additionally the execution of your position will be in accordance to our company policies, standards and procedures.
Our company values are the fundamental spirit on how we reach our goals. As an ambassador of Dorchester Collection you will be entrusted with our values and expected to further enrich our We Care culture: Passion - Personality - Respect - Working Together - Creativity
This job description is intended to illustrate the main duties and responsibilities of the role. It is not intended to be exhaustive and please be advised that the duties and responsibilities may be added on a temporary or permanent basis as appropriate.
Division & Department
Food & Beverage - Kitchen
Sous Chef - The Barn Kitchen
* Assist the Head Chef run the Barn kitchen enabling the team to achieve the highest levels of standards and service
* Achieve the highest levels of food quality, standards and service at all times
Essential Functions & Physical Requirements
* Act as a deputy with all responsibilities as required
* Run an environment that is clean, tidy and organised at all times.
* Plan the day to day running of all sections of the kitchen effectively to meet the service standards
* Control, with the aid of the Head Chef, all the operating costs within all the food outlets to the agreed budgets set and order appropriate levels of food
* Assist and produce accurate stock takes.
* Carry out quality checks on stock, produce and dishes along with offering training, and understanding of the products to keep the team focussed and allowing them to evolve as chefs.
* Have a flexible ability to respond to business and client needs. Give full understanding and guidance to a colleague requiring assistance in a difficult situation, using a caring and supporting manner.
* Mange rotas in accordance to business levels
* Ensure daily food preparation meets recipe and specification index i.e. size, quantity and quality
* Attend all relevant meetings and ensure understanding of business throughout the hotel
Qualifications and Desirables
* Previous experience within a similar role and environment
* Relevant qualifications such as City & Guild 7061/7062 or NVQ Level 2/3
* Experience in ordering systems and cost processes
* Hands on team player
* Experience of training and coaching a team
* Complimentary nights with breakfast within Dorchester Collection
* 50% F&B discount at selected restaurants at The Dorchester and Coworth Park
* Very generous Employee Introductory Scheme offered
* Team members' awards and incentives schemes
* Contributory pension scheme entitlement from date of commencement
* Life assurance cover for all team members
* Uniform laundered complimentary
* Complimentary meals whilst on duty at our team members' restaurants
* Complimentary Internet at allocated computers in team areas
* Interest free Season Ticket Loan
* Occupational Health, including subsidized massage treatments and health clinics
* Complimentary Eye Test for VDU users
Blacknest Rd, Sunningdale SL5 7SE Ascot