8 months ago
flair for cooking
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Sous Chef to be help lead our skilled kitchen team
As Sous Chef you are a vital part of our brigade and will support the Head Chef. Spending your days serving delicious food in a well-equipped kitchen, developing your skills under the guidance of our talented Head Chef.
Your day to day;
* Assisting the Head Chef with effective kitchen management
* Producing a high standard of food from scratch for all of our menus
* Managing a section in the kitchen cooking from fresh ingredients
* Eliminating wasteful or unprofitable practices
* Ensuring food safety standards are adhered to
* Controlling the order and storage of food supplies
* Being aware of and supporting the delivery of financial targets
Who are we looking for?
You should have experience of working with fresh ingredients and cooking from scratch. We have recipes you must follow but a flair for cooking is essential.
Having innovative ideas and the ability to implement them is important. Proven previous experience is essential. If you are a team player who is committed to achieving the very best, this could be the role for you.
It's a great opportunity for someone with a natural drive for excellence who is seeking advancement in their career. We can support you to achieve nationally recognised qualifications through our academies that will develop your skills as you journey up the ladder.
You will have an eye for detail and be able to multi task. The menu in our busy business varies greatly, but it doesn't matter if a guest orders a full breakfast or a three-course meal, we want to ensure they have a high-quality experience and want to return.
In return, we are offering a rewarding role with scope for career progression along with;
* A competitive salary, negotiable dependent on experience
* 28 days annual leave (rising to 33 days after 5 years)
* Health cash plan
* Generous employee discounts
* Life assurance
* Bespoke training programmes accessible to all
* An engaging & supportive work environment
Solent Hotel & Spa is a four-star property, ideally placed within easy reach of Portsmouth and Southampton. It welcomes hundreds of leisure and business guests every week and staff pride themselves on providing a quality experience. With 117 guest rooms, 13 meeting rooms, restaurant, bar and spa, it's a busy place to work. It is part of The House of Daniel Thwaites, a unique collective of Inns, Hotels & Spas offering warm hospitality and high quality service in a welcoming environment. It’s a great time to join the business, we recently completed a refurbishment of the restaurant or spa and opened a new 54-bedroom lodge next to the hotel.
Thwaites was established in 1807 and to this day remains a family run Business. We have Hotels, Inns, Pubs and a Brewery and are focused on providing superb hospitality in outstanding properties in great locations –
What are you Thwaiting for?
Your place in our world
Sous Chef - Lodge at Solent
Chef de Partie