7 months ago
Manage the kitchen staff in the daily production, preparation and presentation for all of the food & beverage outlets in a safe sanitary work environment which conforms to all standards and regulations and achieves profitable, competitive, quality products.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION:
* Manage the Human Resources objectives in the production and preparation areas of the kitchen to attract, retain and motivate the associates while providing a safe work environment; interview, hire, schedule, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, recommend and conduct performance and salary reviews, provide open communication vehicles, recommend discipline and termination, as appropriate.
* Plan menus by consulting with chefs; estimate food costs and profits; adjust menus. Monitor budgets and payroll records and review financial transactions to ensure that expenditures are authorized and budgeted.
* Develop, recommend, implement and manage the department's budget; continually analyze, forecast, monitor and control the labor and food costs through various methods to meet & exceed management and budget objectives.
* Maintain safe, secure, and healthy environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; supervise the maintenance of restaurant equipment to protect the assets, while securing revenues and complying with legal regulations and ensure quality service.
* Schedule and manage the maintenance/sanitation of the kitchen, equipment and related areas to ensure a healthy, safe work environment which meets/exceeds federal, state, corporate and franchise standards and regulations.
* Manage the daily production, preparation and presentation of all food for the hotel's food and beverage outlets to ensure a quality, consistent product is produced which conforms to all standards.
* Develop and implement menus and back-up (use records, production lists, pars, training, etc...) within industry guidelines to continually improve revenues and profit margins while maintaining quality.
* Monitor, analyze and control all labor and food costs; prepare the appropriate reports, charts and schedules to ensure budgets are met/exceeded while quality is maintained/improved
* Promote the Accident Prevention Program to minimize liabilities and related expenses.
* Perform Manager-on-Duty functions and shifts as assigned.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Two to four-year college degree or equivalent education/experience.
Experience: A minimum of five years’ culinary experience in a related position. Hotel experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities: Ability to perform critical analysis and manage a wide-range of information. Requires advanced knowledge of business and management principles and practices involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources. Possess excellent oral, written and presentation skills. Ability to delegate, manage manpower and organize complex projects and establishes priorities consistent with department/hotel objectives. Listen effectively. Operate department within the guidelines of the Foundation Document. Communicate to both, guests and fellow associates, professionally and positively.