9 months ago
Hotel/Office/Restaurant: Park Plaza Nottingham
Type of employment: Full-time
Level: Team member
Date posted: 15/10/2018
Closing date: 13/04/2019
Love providing great service and being part of uplifting moments? Take the next step in your career as a Sous Chef at Park Plaza Nottingham. Park Plaza is the ideal location for you to develop your skills and shine in a collaborative team environment.
Description of the Company:
At Park Plaza we love to celebrate the individual. We believe every one of our team members has a contribution to make and personal touch to share with our guests and colleagues. We’re always striving for excellence and know that as we invest in our team members, they’ll invest in us. For an engaging work environment where the little things are celebrated along with the major milestones, you’ve come to the right place.
Main role and objectives:
As our Sous Chef, you will be responsible for overseeing the running of the Kitchen department and ensuring the highest possible food quality through all the outlets including; Chino Latino Restaurant & Bar, Room Service, Breakfast and Meetings & Events Operations.
* Manages all activities in the Kitchen, including production and management of all food production staff
* Maximises guest satisfaction by providing the highest food quality consistent with cost control and profitability margins
* Assures adherence to brand standards of food quality, preparation, recipes, and presentation
* Assures proper staffing and adequate supplies for all stations
* Ensuring you and your team have high standards of food hygiene and follow the rules of health and safety
* Managing and training any Chef De Parties, Commis chefs and trainees working with you
What we are looking for:
* Previous experience as a Sous Chef, preferably within a 4* Hotel
* An individual truly passionate about food with a proven track record of creating an inspirational dining experience
* Someone who is great at creating and maintaining positive and productive working relationships across the business, communicating effectively in a range of situations
* A Chef who is passionate about engaging, inspiring and taking ownership for the development of their team
* Someone who enjoys working in a fast paced environment
Park Plaza isn’t just a great place to work - it’s a great place to take your career to the next level! We love seeing our team members fulfill their potential and always work together to achieve more with our learning & development offering, enhanced training and competitive salary and benefits.
You’ll also be invited to an “Inspiring Stay” in your hotel, so that you can live the experience and you will also benefit from our Employee and Friends & Family rates available in all Park Plaza and Radisson Hotel Group hotels worldwide!
From the everyday uplifting moments to huge achievements and everything in between, we’re there every step of the way. Park Plaza. Be part of it.