3 months ago
Hours as required
£30,000 per annum plus tips
Hours as required
Number of Roles:
IT' S NOT JUST A JOB - WE WANT YOU TO LOVE WHAT YOU DO!
At Andrew Brownsword Hotels we know that our success depends on the skills and happiness of every one of our team. So we invest in your training and development and are committed to promoting from within. We need your personality and passion for hospitality and we offer all sorts in return.
Recently awarded AA Hotel Group of the Year, at Andrew Brownsword Hotels we can offer training and progression within our hotels and across our collection...or just a great place to work locally. For some senior roles we may look for experience at a similar level or property, but for other positions we just require passion and commitment - we will teach you the rest!
Located in the picturesque village of Amberley in the beautiful West Sussex countryside, Amberley Castle is a unique luxury hotel steeped in over 900 years of history. With 4 AA red stars, 3 AA rosettes, and a member of Relais and Chateaux, Amberley Castle offers employees the chance to work in a quality led establishment in a stunning location and progressive environment. The hotel can offer off-site staff accommodation upon request (dependant on availability), in order to help the newest members of the team re-locate, so they can settle into life at the hotel and local area in comfort.
We are currently looking for a strong Sous Chef who will help support the kitchen in delivering exceptional food quality as well as driving the food concept and quality forward.
The future member of our team will:
* Have a genuine passion and knowledge of quality food with emphasis on using fresh, local ingredients.
* Be a strong leader who can manage and motivate the team in the absence of the Executive/ Head Chef.
* Be a hands on Sous Chef, taking responsibility for your their section whilst ensuring the team is working correctly and efficiently.
* Assist in the training of junior team members, promoting culture of internal development within the kitchen.
* Have a creative vision as Sous Chef, showing a willingness to participate in the design and compilation of seasonal menus.
* Possess strong internal customer care skills, actively promoting strong working relationship between the kitchen and front of house department.
* Be a current Sous Chef or experienced Junior Sous Chef or equivelent.
* Have worked in a similar style property and kitchen.
Opportunities and benefits
As a company we offer a range of benefits and opportunities as we believe people are key to our success. We value our staff and want to recognise the role every one of them plays within our unique properties. Benefits that we offer to our team include large company discounts on food and beverage, staff and friends and family hotel rates at all our unique properties, high street discounts via our bespoke designed employee shopping website, access to an Employee Assistance Program to help navigate through any life challenges our employees may face , childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme, and a number of incentives to reward passion and commitment.