about 1 year ago
Overview of duties
• Ensures that kitchen operations run smoothly and that guests receive a high standard of service
• Manages and motivates the kitchen teams to provide excellent services to guests
• Ensures respect of hygiene, safety and food quality regulations"
• Adapts to any specific requests made by guests
• Heeds any remarks made by guests
Professional techniques / Production
• Helps prepare dishes in line with activity and consumption forecasts
• Prepares dishes and/or supervises preparation
• In conjunction with the Head Chef, supervises the different sections of the kitchen: production of hot and cold dishes, patisserie, dishwashing etc
• In conjunction with the Head Chef and F&B Manager, helps prepare the menus and à la carte choices
• Updates the cooking instructions and ensures they are duly applied
• Ensures respect of the maximum waiting times defined by the brand, checks the presentation, quality and temperature of dishes "
• Develops team spirit and motivation by creating a good working atmosphere
• Organises the welcome and integration of new employees
• Runs basic and advanced training for team members
• Helps prepare the work schedules in line with activity forecasts
• Prepares the training plan together with the Head Chef and tracks implementation
• Applies labour legislation"
Commercial / Sales
• Keeps track of trends in the restaurant market
• Makes suggestions to the Head Chef in order to adapt the offer to changing customer expectations
• Regularly assesses the quality of services based on guests' remarks and quality audits"
Management and administration
• Helps the Head Chef set up the department's annual budget in line with hotel strategy
• Orders merchandise in compliance with the group's purchasing policy (REGAL), giving priority to orders via ACCORSHOP
• Manages stocks and supplies
• Helps manage headcount to improve ""prime cost""
• Respects the productivity ratios as budgeted
• Takes part in inventories
• Contributes to the improvement of costs and ratios while maintaining the high standard of service"
Hygiene / Personal safety / Environment
• Ensures that the equipment and appliances are used correctly in line with safety instructions
• Ensures the respect and due application of the rules of hygiene (HACCP standards etc)
• Helps the Head Chef prepare an action plan following the hygiene analysis results and tracks implementation
• Checks that employees' uniforms are clean and in good condition
• Applies and ensures application of the hotel's security regulations (in case of fire etc)
• Respects and ensures respect of the hotel's commitments to the ""Environment Charter"" (saving energy, recycling, sorting waste etc)"
Apply for Job