11 months ago
Hotel/Office/Restaurant: Chino Latino Nottingham
Type of employment: Full-time
Date posted: 20/04/2018
Closing date: 17/10/2018
Love providing great service and being part of uplifting moments? Take the next step in your career as Sous Chef at Oaks Restaurant, in Park Plaza Nottingham. Park Plaza is the ideal location for you to develop your skills and shine in a collaborative team environment.
Description of the Company:
At Park Plaza we love to celebrate the individual. We believe every one of our team members has a contribution to make and personal touch to share with our guests and colleagues. We’re always striving for excellence and know that as we invest in our team members, they’ll invest in us. For an engaging work environment where the little things are celebrated along with the major milestones, you’ve come to the right place.
Main role and objectives:
As our Sous Chef you will be responsible for contributing to the production of the highest possible food quality, and to co-ordinate and be responsible for staff.
* Being in charge of preparing, cooking and presenting dishes within your speciality in your section
* Managing and training any Chef De Parties, Demi chef de parties, Commis chefs and trainees working with you
* Helping the Head Chef and Executive chef to develop new dishes and menus
* Ensuring you and your team have high standards of food hygiene and follow the rules of health and safety
* Monitoring portion and waste control to maintain profit margins
What we are looking for:
* Someone with experience as a Sous Chef in a hotel or restaurant kitchen
* An individual truly passionate about food with a proven track record of creating an inspirational dining experience
* Someone who is great at creating and maintaining positive and productive working relationships across the business, communicating effectively in a range of situations
* A Chef who is passionate about engaging, inspiring and taking ownership for the development of their team
* Someone who enjoys working in a fast paced environment
Park Plaza isn’t just a great place to work - it’s a great place to take your career to the next level! We love seeing our team members fulfil their potential and always work together to achieve more with our learning & development offering, enhanced training and competitive salary and benefits.
You will be invited to an “Inspiring Stay” in your hotel, so that you can live the experience and you will also benefit from our Employee and Friends & Family rates available in all Park Plaza and Carlson Rezidor hotels worldwide!
From the everyday uplifting moments to huge achievements and everything in between, we’re there every step of the way. Park Plaza. Be part of it.