29 days ago
* Food & beverage
* Full time
Claridge’s is London’s art deco jewel, with a rich history and heritage that all started in the 19th century. The huge sparkling Chihuly light sculpture and grand art deco of the Foyer transforms this Mayfair restaurant into a magical dining space, whilst the inviting banquettes of the Reading Room allow for more intimate dining. Frequented by famous faces for over a hundred years, it’s the perfect venue for a light meal, sipping cocktails and the best afternoon tea in London.
Main duties & responsibilities
As a Sommelier you will be responsible for:
* Creating memorable experiences for our guests, simultaneously ensuring that service is prompt and professional.
* Recommending our exceptional wines to our guests for every occasion.
* Ensuring that our standards are adhered to at all times
* Handling complaints in a timely and efficient manner
* Ensuring that licensing laws, health and safety legislation is adhered to.
Successful candidates for our Sommelier opportunity will:
* Demonstrate genuine dedication to Claridge’s and show a commitment to consistent quality in our product and service.
* Provide intuitive service, with absolute understanding of our guests needs to create exceptional service experiences, that result in lasting memories
* Be motivated, creative and have worked in a similar role, within a five star or fine dining environment.
* You will have a passion for food and quality products, be a team player who is an avid learner who wants to be challenged and developed.
* Be fluent in spoken and written English, a second language is desirable, however this is not a prerequisite.
* Demonstrate the ability to work in a pressured environment with the most demanding guests.
This is an exciting role for a talented individual who is looking for a new challenge and wants to join a fast paced and high performing hotel team renowned for their approach and delivery of unparalleled service.