about 1 month ago
In a Nutshell
We’re a group of fabulous Hotels and Venues set in beautiful countryside and our hotels are full of great people… A great team.
We are looking for a passionate, enthusiastic and ambitious Sommelier to join the team. As a Sommelier you must both be professional, passionate and organised. It is essential you have a friendly and warm persona. You will gain knowledge of the fantastic menus, learn how the restaurant is run and have amble opportunity to further develop your skills within our 3 AA Rosette and 1 Michelin star restaurant..
Lots to do, but lots of fun
The Sommelier will be responsible for;
* Ensuring all areas are properly stocked and set up ready for service.
* Ensuring an effective wine and beverage service in the restaurant at all times
* Full knowledge of the wine list in order to assist guest with their choices, being able to make appropriate recommendations where necessary.
* Being aware of all bookings and any special guest requirements
* Updates to the hotel wine selections and listings
* Run any wine tasting sessions as required by the team
* Resolving any guest queries relating to wine and drink service
* Ensuring the maintenance and cleanliness of all wine service equipment
* Carry out any wine training as required by front of house team members
* Stock and inventory control
Are you right for us?
Our successful Sommelier will;
* Be fully knowledgeable of the menus, recipes and all beverage offerings in the Bybrook restaurant
* Have a basic Understanding of cost control.
* Have an Understanding of wine GP%
* Be aware of and to adhere to company procedures relating to beverage SOP’s
* Previous experience as a Sommelier in a Fine Dining restaurant would be preferable
Are we right for you?
We expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told him to smile and chat.
We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guess you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.
Your day will consist of 8.5 hours, (half an hour for lunch), straight shifts equate to 40 hours a week.
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
* Competitive salary
* Complimentary meals whilst on duty
* Complimentary car parking
* Perkz discount scheme
* Discounted room nights across all Exclusive Hotels and Venues
* Discounts on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
About the Company
Exclusive Hotels and Venues