6 months ago
Posting Date Oct 22, 2018
Job Number 18002YKZ
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location London Marriott Hotel Regents Park, London, Greater London VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
The London Marriott Hotel Regents Park is located in the heart of London’s parks within an affluent network of villages, which contributes to the community feeling borne both front and back of house. The hotel is well-reputed in the local area and is 15 months into a 21-month multi-million pound renovation that is transforming every area of the hotel.
The exciting challenge ahead is to take ownership of a revenue portfolio of £400k+ - consisting primarily of Bar/Bat Mitzvahs, Wedding, Charity and private social events. For these important events, preparing all social event documentation and co-ordinating with hotel departments and the customers to ensure consistent, high level service throughout pre-, during and post-event phases of all events.
Achieves personal and team related revenue goals. Responsible to learn how to support Marriott’s Service and Relationship Strategy, driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience in a dynamic and fast pace environment.
They will ensure that the Meetings & Event Management Brand Standards for planning, pre- & post-event are in place and exceeding expectations where possible. Coordinating with the Sales team, the rest of the hotel’s departments and customers to ensure consistent, high level service throughout onsite events.
Excellent communication and presentation skills. Ability to persuade, lead, and confidently handle objections and resolve customer issues.
Deliver world class site visits as standard for all walk-ins/new business enquiries to ensure all Marriott Brand Standards are met ensuring maximum conversion.
Providing support to the SEM in the form of maintaining data integrity, pace reporting and critiques for social events section of the month end pack, complying with IT processes/PCI compliance relevant to the role and demonstrating sound understanding of the business on the books and in the funnel.
· Size of Unit (Number of Rooms) - 311
· Classification of Unit (AAAA – D) - B
· Number of Direct Reports – N/A
· Previous sales or guest facing experience in 4/5 star hotel.
· Preferably at least one year’s experience in Conference & Events, food and beverage or Sales environment
· Experience in social events
· Experience with social media
Skills and Knowledge
· Confident , Positive and Proactive attitude and mindset
· Goal driven: commitment towards achieving hotel’s and team goals
* Ability to adapt - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
* Superior guest relations skills and demonstrates passion for service
· Possesses excellent telephone sales skills
· Passion for Sales and understanding of processes; can effectively up sell products and services; can bring a sale to closure
· Knowledge of property-specific business segments (e.g. group, catering, transient)
· Knowledge of contractual agreements and legal implications
· Knowledge of governmental regulations and safety standards
· Knowledge of food and beverage forecasting and attrition (Catering focused)
· Ability to interpret market data and apply to sales strategy
· Strong customer development and relationship management skills e.g., associates, customers, vendors
· Financial management skills e.g., ability to understand P&L statements, manage operating budgets, forecasting and scheduling
· Effective decision making skills, Strong problem-solving skills
· Strong negotiation skills
· Strong presentation and platform skills
· Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing) and strong organization skills
· Knowledge of overall hotel operations as they affect department
· Ability to use standard software applications and hotel systems (e.g., Microsoft Office, OPERA, MARSHA, etc.)
· Creative, with a genuine passion for social media from a social events perspective
· Proven experience in creating content and growing social audiences
Education or Certification
· Good level of English essential
· High school diploma or GED; experienced (1 - 2 years of experience) in the event management or related professional area.
· 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; at least 1 year experience in the event management or related professional area required.
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
Sales and Revenue Management
· Effectively up sells products and services throughout the event process
· Negotiates services of hotel and executes Marriott’s Group Sales Agreement for each business opportunity.
· Partners with Operations in providing a customer experience that exceeds the customer’s expectations.
· Understands the overall market - competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
· Uses negotiation skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
· Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls and re solicitation calls.
· Effectively develops relationships within community and repeated clients to strengthen and expand customer base for group/catering sales opportunities.
· Effectively manages customer budgets to maximize revenue and meet customer needs
· Utilizes Marriott Global Source for resources and information (Training Energizers, segment websites, etc.).
· Leverages available eTools (eRooming Lists, eProposals, etc.).
· Conducts site inspections.
· Creates contracts as required.
• Create social editorial calendars and schedule postings via the hotel’s platforms
• Oversee company social media accounts (Instagram, Facebook & Twitter), moderate social content and recommend approach to other platforms
• Work with the brand marketing team in research and creating content
• Assists with general day to day administration of the marketing department
· Coordinates and communicates verbally and in writing with customers (internal and external) regarding social event details. Follows up with customer post-event.
· Acts as liaison between sales and customer throughout the event process (pre-event, event, post-event). Makes presence known to customer at all times during this process. Is available to solve problems and/or suggest alternatives to previous arrangements.
· Oversees the customer’s experiences from enquiry through to the post-event phase.
· Proactively identifies operational challenges associated with his/her group and works with the hotel staff and customer to solve these challenges and/or develop alternative solutions.
* Greets customer during the event phase and hands-off to the Event Operations team for the execution of details.
· Leads pre-event and post-event meetings for social events.
· Ensures billing accuracy and conducts bill reviews with the clients prior to processing the final bill.
· Facilitates various meetings as necessary (Purpose meeting, block review, etc).
· Adheres to all standards, policies, and procedures (PPM, Core Deliverables, SOPs, LSOPs, etc.)
· Manages group room blocks and meeting space for assigned groups
· Integrates current trends in event management and event design
· Support Marriott’s Service and Relationship Strategy by planning and contracting the customer’s program/event, managing the success of the program/event and measuring our service effectiveness (through Event Satisfaction Survey).
· Executes and supports Marriott’s Customer Service Standards, hotel’s Brand Standards and the operational aspects of business booked.
* Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and ensuring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
· Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a continuing relationship and loyalty to Marriott.
· Gains understanding of the hotel’s primary target customer and service expectations; serves customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution both prior to, and during the program/event.
· Sets a positive example for guest relations: offers solutions, demonstrates .
· Provides accurate, complete and effective turnover to Operations Teams.
· Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels; effectively responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
· Conducts pre and post event meetings as required to understand client needs, obtain feedback on quality of product (e.g., rooms, meeting facilities and equipment, food and beverage), service levels and overall satisfaction.
· Observes service behaviours of associates and provides feedback to individuals and/or managers; continuously strives to improve service performance.
· Reviews meeting planner results to understand level of guest satisfaction; continuously strives to improve service performance.
· Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement
· Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
· Complies with Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.