4 months ago
As a Skilled Maintenance Assistant you will be part of the new Maintenance structure, where you will be responsible for completing effective maintenance, both repair and preventative work to a high standard expected by our guests.
* Experience of working in a similar role
* Good overall knowledge of building regulations
* Can demonstrate good knowledge of working with power tools and hand tools
* Can demonstrate good understanding of building services, including plumbing, carpentry or electrics
* Can demonstrate high level of finish for tiling and grouting Health & Safety conscious.
* Has good fault-finding skills.
This role requires travelling between Hotel sites within Scotland, supporting resident Building Custodians as and when required. Your responsibilities will include:
* Ensure that all supplies and services of the hotel are in good working order.
* Carry out day to day maintenance requests as detailed from the Property Coordinator or Building Manager.
* Complete regular machinery testing and maintenance on the hotel machines.
* Carry out structured PPM (Pre-Preventative Maintenance) to a high standard of finish.
* Carry out any maintenance remedial/reactive activity that is required within our properties.
* Maintain all electrical equipment and complete RCD (Residual Circuit Device) tests quarterly.
* To provide on-call cover alongside the Building Custodian or as requested.
Apex Hotels is a family owned Scottish company based in Edinburgh, London, Glasgow, Dundee and Bath, operating with Customer service as the primary focus for all members of the Apex Hotel team. The company has a reputation for providing a 'friendly face' to all guests and aims to provide positive opportunities for interaction with staff at every property.
* Use of gym & pool facilities
* Free meals when on duty
* 50% discount in our restaurants
* Discounted room rates for staff and friends and family
* Employee of the month/year reward scheme
* Guest experience overnight stay
* Annual anniversary dinner for two
* Contributions to a Pension scheme
* Employee assistance programme
* Critical illness cover
* Cycle to Work scheme
* Spa discount
If you wish to be considered for this superb opportunity click ‘apply’. We look forward to hearing from you!