Food and Beverage Associate
Job Family: Food and Beverage Services
Serve food courses and alcoholic beverages to guests. Set tables according to type of event and service standards. Answer questions on menu selections. Communicate with the kitchen regarding menu questions, the length of wait, re-cook orders, and product availability. Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to the kitchen. Record transaction in MICROS system at time of order. Check in with guests to ensure satisfaction with each food course and/or beverages. Maintain cleanliness of work areas, china, glass, etc., throughout the day. Complete closing duties, including restocking items, turning off lights, etc. Present physical and accurate check to guest and process payment.
Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; and complete safety training and certifications. Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests’ service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank guests with genuine appreciation. Speak with others using clear and professional language. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards. Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print). Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance and objects weighing in excess of 50 pounds with assistance. Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination. Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces as well as up and down stairs and/or service ramps. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Safety and Security
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
- Use proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective clothing (PPE), and employ correct lifting procedures, as necessary, to avoid injury.
- Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
- Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines.
- Complete appropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks.
Policies and Procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, PLEASED, Guest Response, LEAP) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Provide assistance to individuals with disabilities, including assisting visually, hearing, or physically-impaired individuals within guidelines (e.g., escorting them when requested, using words to explain actions, writing directions
- on paper, moving objects out of the way, or offering access to Braille or TDD phones).
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Discuss work topics, activities, or problems with coworkers, supervisors, or managers discreetly and quietly, avoiding public areas of the property.
Working with Others
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance and objects weighing in excess of 50 pounds with assistance.
- Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces.
- Move up and down stairs and/or service ramps.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
General Food and Beverage Services
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas throughout the day, practicing clean-as-you-go procedures.
- Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to the kitchen.
- Set tables according to type of event and service standards, including types of linens, glassware, plate/chinaware, and silver/flatware, ensuring all supplies meet quality standards.
- Follow appropriate procedures for serving alcohol (e.g., TIPs (Training for Intervention Procedures), CARE (Control Alcohol Risks Effectively)).
- Communicate with guests, other employees, or departments to ensure guest needs are met.
Greeting and Seating
- Thank every guest upon departure, invite them to return, and wish them a fond farewell.
- Complete closing duties, including storing all reusable goods, breaking down goods, cleaning all equipment and areas, returning equipment to proper locations, locking refrigerators, restocking items, turning off lights, locking doors, and completing daily cleaning checklist.
- Inspect the cleanliness and presentation all china, glass, and silver prior to use.
- Record transaction in MICROS system at time of order.
Steps of Service
- Present physical and accurate check and process payment, adhering to all cash handling and credit policies/procedures including added and received gratuity.
- Check in with guests to ensure satisfaction with each food course and/or beverages.
- Answer questions on menu selections, and check with kitchen staff whenever additional clarification is necessary.
- Communicate with the kitchen regarding the length of wait for food items, recook orders, and product availability.
- Customer Service Orientation
- Team Work
- Interpersonal Skills
- Diversity Relations
- English Language Proficiency
- Positive Demeanor
- Safety Orientation
- Stress Tolerance
Education High school diploma/G.E.D. equivalent
Related Work Experience At least 1 year of related work experience
Supervisory Experience No supervisory experience is required