To give the proper service & guest satisfaction in the levels of the quality standards of the operation according to the Standards Manual of the restaurant which has been set by the management of the F&B Dept. To be fully conversant with all services offered by the hotel as well as have an understanding and knowledge of all food and beverage items served. Uses hospitality in dealing with guests. Performs duties in a pleasant conscientious and professional manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
* Check all table set-ups in the station for cleanliness and proper position before open. Responsible for all side prior to opening. Set up service carts with the clean and proper items.
* Has knowledge of all food and beverage products
* Knows and uses service and merchandising techniques
* Works under the supervision of the captain. Attend daily menu meeting. Responsible for ordering & serving cocktails to the guests. Assist the captain with proper silver set-up for the guests before serving the food.
* Serve the guests according to the order in the number system - right food to the right guest. Stay at all times on the station unless excused by the captain
* Informs management of guest reactions and comments
* Be aware of the guest needs and satisfaction. Give continuous service from start to finish. Clear tables with the progress of the meal. Present and suggest dessert.
* Take coffee order and give to Server Assistant for the proper service. Check for after dinner drinks. Recheck the guest check before presenting to the guest.
* Act as a guide through the dining experience
This list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.