about 1 month ago
Ensure that guests have an enjoyable dining experience by providing prompt and courteous food and beverage services to restaurant customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION:
* Ensure tables are cleaned and set in a timely manner to effectively serve our guests, maintaining table settings by removing finished courses, clearing ang organizing dirty dishes, glasses and silverware and maintaining a clean and sanitary bussing station.
* Complete all restocking and cleaning duties as instructed.
* Memorize menu items, recipes and daily specials in order to answer questions and make recommendation to customers.
* Maintain cleanliness standards in restaurant, wait- station, and kitchen service area in order to have a clean, presentable and attractive facility and to satisfy state and local health board requirements.
* Attend all pre-meal and departmental meetings in person to enhance communications and gain knowledge of products, service and facility.
* Respond to customer inquiries and comments in person and on phone by providing timely and knowledgeable information to provide quality customer service.
* Present a clean and professional appearance at all times.
* Maintain a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor always. Able to use tact and understanding when dealing with a variety of customer service problems, including stressful and highly emotional situations.
* Perform other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: High school education or equivalent experience.
Experience: Three - six months in a food/beverage services environment or establishment.
Skills and Abilities: Must have vision ability to clearly see computer print outs, written instructions and to observe entire restaurant in dimly lit conditions. Must have manual coordination to grasp items in hand, and to balance and carry trays loaded with food and beverages. Able to read, speak and understand English. Able to lift, push, carry 20 - 40 lbs. Stand continuously for long periods of time. Communicate information and hotel services to management, staff and guests.