10 months ago
The Grand Central Hotel, Glasgow
In the golden age of railway travel, every major train station would boast an equally grand hotel. Central Station in Glasgow is one of the most gorgeous in the country, and The Grand Central Hotel is its award-winning peer. Big, bold and beautiful, The Grand Central Hotel boasts 230 bedrooms, a fabulous Champagne bar and bags of conferencing and event spaces. Set in the very heart of the city, it's loved by locals and visitors alike: its roll call of VIP guests includes JFK, Winston Churchill and Frank Sinatra; whilst the world’s first long-distance television signal was broadcast to the hotel in 1927.
Senior Wedding Co-ordinator
What is the main purpose of the role?
In this key role for our business, your responsibility will be to effectively supervise the wedding co-ordinator and support the team to handle and convert wedding enquiries from initial stages through to final details, followed by the accurate communication of client requirements to the Operational team prior to the event itself.
You will ensure customers’ expectations are met and exceeded, in turn supporting the achievement of the property’s budget and targets.
A key part of this role is to conduct show rounds for Weddings, ensuring that correct information is given to the appropriate enquiry. You will also assist with organisation of Wedding Showcases to highlight the property to the local wedding and banqueting market.
• To take Wedding, conference and event enquires inline with the Principal call standards
• To supervise and support the Wedding Co-ordinator through coaching and appraisal's
• To follow up on all enquiries in line with the Principal standards and ensure all sales leads are referred to the pro active sales team
• Provide all clients with an accurate quotation that is inline with the hotels pricing matrix to maximise conference and events revenue
• Conduct show rounds of the property facilities inline with Principal show round standards
• To accurately input all client enquiries and bookings into Opera to the Principal standard
• Up selling the product at every opportunity
• To be fully conversant with the hotel, the company product, facilities and actively promote and up sell, special promotions and facilities to maximise revenue
• To identify through feedback further sales opportunities for either the hotel or the company and to action these as appropriate
• To have thorough knowledge of room layouts, capacities, Wedding packages and menus, the operation and the installation of all audiovisual equipment
• To have thorough knowledge of the Wedding sales process and be able to deal with all enquiries inline with the Principal Group standards
• Conduct pre event meetings with clients and Conference and Banqueting Operations colleagues to further the organisation of these events
• To assist the client with any special requests
• Ensure effective communication with Heads of Departments to ensure that client requests are met, ensuring that all amendments, late bookings and special requirements are communicated effectively to the Department Heads
• To deal with guest comments and complaints in a constructive and empathetic manner. The objective being to resolve the complaint prior to departure
• To attend and positively contribute to hotel and departmental meetings as required including daily dash, weekly function sheet meetings and team briefs
• Support the proactive sales team with Familiarisation Trips, mail shots and other sales activities where required
• To be responsible for the organisation of wedding fairs and hotel showcase days and be available to attend these
• Ensure the maintenance of wedding websites ensuring they are kept up to date and special offers are set up and made available
• Ensure wedding brochures have accurate information and are up to date. Where necessary making changes to marketing literature
• Conduct competitor test calls and show rounds to ensure the team are up to date with how our competitors perform and their pricing
• Conduct quarterly operations/sales wedding meetings to ensure that our hotels are providing the best experience for our clients
• Support the Conference Revenue Manager in setting the hotels’ wedding strategy
• Maintain the conference and events PM list ensuring clients bills are checked and settled inline with the hotel standard and procedure. Ensure that all weddings are prepaid
• Complete after event calls to ensure guest satisfaction, generate future business and generate sale leads
• To complete all activities on the daily task sheet
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone with previous hospitality or conference & events sales experience. You’ll be able to demonstrate leadership and supervisory skills, to drive the team to achieve set objectives.
It is essential that you have excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise with clients and colleagues at all levels.
To be successful in this role, you’ll be highly organised and will thrive working under pressure and to tight deadlines. You are able to work to a high level of accuracy and are committed to delivering excellent service. You enjoy developiong yourself through developing others. Prior use of OPERA, Word, Powerpoint and Excel is essential. Knowledge of Fourth Hospitality is desirable.
* A competitive salary
* 31 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
* Hotel based incentive schemes
* Voluntary benefits including discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
* Discounted accommodation within the group with colleague rates at our other hotels
* Long service awards which increase with service
* Excellent training and development opportunities within both the hotel and the company
* Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
* Free meals on duty