5 months ago
At the heart of Edwardian Hotels London is a simple founding belief, that from back of house to the boardroom we are all Hosts. Everyone is encouraged to express their individuality and initiative, and to bring their passion to work. (We may wear uniforms, but we don’t believe in uniformity.)
Everything we do is driven by a desire to exceed our guests’, clients and partners expectations. To surprise and delight. To make the time our guests choose to spend with us genuinely exceptional. So that even the shortest stay with us, will last long in their memory. Everyone who works here does this every day across our portfolio of brands, in highly prestigious locations in London and beyond.
For 40 years Edwardian Hotels London has built upon this ambition, and as a family owned company we’re proud of the freedom our independence gives us to grow our business on a relentless and memorable curve – upwards.
With an enviable collection of luxurious distinctive hotels and restaurants such as The May Fair Hotel, Radisson Blu Edwardian London Hotels, Steak and Lobster, Scoff and Banter, May Fair Kitchen, Annayu and May Fair Bar; in the most desirable locations of the UK's most vibrant cities, EHL's vision is unique: To Be Memory Makers.
Being a Memory Maker as a Senior Waiter
In this role, you will become part of the Edwardian family and work within Food and Beverage in Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire
* Communicate effectively and respectfully to guests on all levels.
* Communicate effectively and respectfully to all members of staff.
* Multi task and prioritise your work.
* Explain the dining concept effectively.
* Understand timing of dishes and order your food accordingly.
* Understand out times and handle your tables accordingly.
* Read tables and understand guests and needs.
* Take orders correctly and communicate them to the relevant sections.
* Follow up your orders.
* Carry trays confidently and comfortably.
* Carry plates confidently and comfortably.
* Have full knowledge of the food menu.
* Have full knowledge of the bar and wine products.#
* To meet and greet guest in a way that makes them feel special
* To ensure company's procedures and standards are maintained to ensure consistent delivery of service
* To serve F and B customers in a way that makes them feel special
* To check and maintain reservations for the restaurant including corresponding and follow up on all reservations and enquiries for the restaurant and bar
* Works closely with the Head Waiters, Floor Managers and Restaurant and Bar Manager, and Head Barman to achieve success indicators and perform effectively in areas of responsibility
* Gives personal attention, takes personal responsibility and uses teamwork to provide excellent guest service.
* Assumes responsibility to gather information about each guest in order to update client database, and uses details to ensure a truly personal service.
* To deliver service standards in accordance with the Brand Service Bible.
* To adhere to the brand grooming standards in accordance with the official Brand Guideline Bible and to remain within such standards for the entirety of a working shift.
* Takes orders and serves food and beverage to guest in accordance with company standards.
* Clears tables, cleans food and beverage areas, and prepares equipment and mise en place on an ongoing basis.
* Handles cash payments and float in accordance with company standards.
* Responsible for keeping up to date with food and beverage products and finding out about daily specials/new menu additions.
* Keeps up to date with health and safety regulations, and adheres to emergency procedures.
* Responsible for excellent standard of customer service
* Greet guests pleasantly and efficiently
* Involvement of the progression of new staff as well as mentoring during their probation period.
* Enforcing kitchen etiquette
* Listening to and dealing with complaints.
* Supporting, recognising, encouraging and bringing out the best qualities in your employees
* Leading by example
* Ensuring the restaurant is correctly set up for Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner
* Checking to see all duties have been completed prior to letting staff depart the building
* Checking all micro bills are accounted for from each server
* Cash up
* Menus and Wine Lists printed
* Ensure all glassware, crockery and cutlery is at par level
* Is able to achieve a 100% pass mark in Micros competency tests
* Food and beverage product
* Excellent local area awareness
* Good command of the English language
* Confident ability to communicate and establish rapport
* Has knowledge of technical service skills
* Ability to use relevant e-mail and word programmes
We Believe In Developing and Delighting Our Hosts So You Will Receive:
* Competitive Salary
* Complimentary 2 night stay in a luxury Edwardian Hotel of your choice (after two years service)
* Preferential accommodation rates for all Edwardian Hotels for Hosts, friends and family
* Discounts on food and beverage up to 30% in all Edwardian restaurants and bars
* Discounts on Spas and beauty treatments
* Hot meals and salad bar, teas, coffees and juices provided each day
* Uniforms provided per role requirement
All Hosts must have valid permission to live and work in the United Kingdom. Verification of documentation will be undertaken as part of the recruitment process.