10 months ago
Posting Date Oct 19, 2018
Job Number 18002Y16
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location London Marriott Hotel Park Lane, London, Greater London VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
The Sales Manager will be accountable for proactively soliciting and handling sales opportunities with a specific focus on Group and Event sales. The Sales Manager will be independent, proactive, creative and think ‘outside the box’ to ensure sales opportunities are uncovered and business is turned over in a timely fashion. They will assist in leading the day-to-day activities related to Group and Event sales with a focus on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of sales objectives. As well as contributing towards the hotels Group and Event budgets, they will achieve personal sales goals set.
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
This is a full time position at the London Marriott Hotel Park Lane.
Key Attributes and Experience
§ Proven sales or client facing professional with a minimum 5 years’ experience in the hospitality industry
§ Marriott Sales experience would be an advantage but not essential.
§ Education to degree or equivalent
§ Passionately driven towards revenue goals
§ Polished and professional communication skills – verbal and written
§ Excellent standards of personal presentation
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
Revenue Generating Proactive Activity
* Take responsibility for an allocated portfolio of MICE accounts, undertaking strategic account management, developing, maintaining, servicing and contracting the allocated account base and working closely with the London Sales Office (LSO) and Events Executive who will assist with the processing and administrative requirements from these accounts.
* Actively search for new Group and Event business and accounts and build and strengthen relationships with these customers to drive group room and event revenue into The London Marriott Hotel Park Lane and close the gap to current year budget.
* In addition, balance time to focus on future year opportunities and contribute to our cross over goal in-order to ensure a strong future year pipeline is in place by end of the calendar year.
* Develop relationships with all internal sales stakeholders (Such as The Marriott Global Sales Organisation, Field sales team and London Sales Office) to strengthen and expand customer base for sales opportunities.
* Work collaboratively with these sales colleagues to ensure sales efforts are coordinated, complementary and not duplicative.
* Create and implement strategic action plans for all key accounts and key prospect accounts and meet quarterly with the DOSM to report on progress.
* Conduct key sales activities such as powerful site inspections, client appointments, presentations, familiarisation trips to deliver increased market penetration and revenue production goals.
* Conduct domestic and international sales-trips focusing on strengthening existing and building new relationships to deliver increased account penetration and revenues from specific geographical markets. Particular focus on UK and Asia as well as some European markets.
* Participate in Marriott sales blitz weeks, global customer appreciation weeks, lead closing days and any other company led sales initiatives as appropriate.
* Maximize the opportunities from company sales tools such as Marriott Rewards, MI Leads, Marriott group and event promotions to seek and convert business.
* Take responsibility for group follow up and site inspections to support lead conversion (working with the LSO and on property events executive). Ensure strong knowledge of group background, criteria for decision making, competition, and be able to share updates at weekly sales strategy meetings or when asked for an update.
* Negotiate rates for new group and event business within the set parameters of the hotels’ overall strategies.
Using Knowledge of Market Trends and Target Customer Information to Maximize Revenue
* Understand and maintain full and accurate knowledge of the competitive set, economic trends, supply and demand. Evolve sales strategy according to these market needs and trends.
* Ability to close the best opportunities for the location based on market conditions and location needs.
* Gain understanding of the location’s primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns to offer better business solution.
Reporting on sales activity
* Complete a weekly sale activity report in SFA, detailing activities and financial results in line with company standards, goals and targets.
* Attend weekly sales team meetings, sales strategy meetings and other meetings as required sharing updates and highlights
* Complete any other reports or duties deemed necessary and reasonable requested by the Director of Sales and Marketing or Executive Committee
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
* Support the company’s service and relationship strategy, driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
* Familiarize yourself with all hotel operations and ensure effective communication between departments to ensure delivery of excellent guest service as appropriate.
* Maintain performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace
* Convey information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods
Problem Solving and Decision Making
* Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develop and evaluate alternatives and solutions, solve problems, and choose a course of action
* Exhibit behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; make a good first impression and represent the company in alignment with its values.
* Contributing to the teams - Actively participate as a member of the sales team and contribute towards the completion of team goals and initiatives.
* Set high standards of performance; assume responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors efforts toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
Planning and Organizing
* Gather information and resources required to set a plan of action; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
* Coworker Relationships - Interact with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
* Customer Relationships - Develop and sustain relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
* Global Mindset - Support business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilize differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
§ Ability to understand and execute and support Marriott Customer Service Standards and Marriott Brand Standards
§ Ability to work collaboratively with hotel service team in providing exceptional customer service
§ Superior guest relations skills
§ Possess excellent telephone sales skills
§ Excellent selling skills and understanding of sales processes; can effectively up sell products and services; can bring a sale to closure
§ Knowledge of operations and associated challenges for all brands
§ Knowledge of property-specific business segments (e.g. group, catering, transient)
§ Knowledge of contractual agreements and legal implications
§ Strong customer development and relationship management skills
§ Understand revenue management functions and account profitability
§ Effective decision making skills
§ Strong problem-solving skills
§ Ability to develop and maintain relationships e.g., associates, customers, vendors
§ Strong negotiation skills
§ Strong presentation and platform skills
§ Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
§ Strong organization skills
§ Strong customer and associate relation skills
§ Knowledge of overall hotel operations as they affect department
§ Ability to use standard software applications and hotel systems (e.g., Office, OPERA, etc.)
LEARNING AND APPLYING PROFESSIONAL EXPERTISE
§ Applied Learning - seek and make the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others
§ Business Acumen - understand and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations
§ Devising sales strategies and solutions – try different, unique and creative ways to deal with sales challenges and opportunities, thinking outside the box and taking courses of action that appropriately consider available facts, constraints, competitive circumstances and probable consequences.
§ Sales ability - Use appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of a product, service, or idea from prospects and clients
§ Sales Call Facilitation - Ensure that a call serves its sales objectives; maximizing the productiveness of interactions by monitoring and building on customers’ cues.
§ Basic computer skills - Use basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.)
§ Mathematical Reasoning - Demonstrate ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues
§ Oral Comprehension - Demonstrate ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences
§ Reading Comprehension - Demonstrate understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents
§ Writing - Communicate effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience
§ Perform other related tasks as assigned by management.
§ Comply with Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures.
§ Working hours are 40 hours per week.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.