9 months ago
About Soho House
Soho House & Co is a collection of private members' clubs and restaurants, spread across Europe, the UK and Worldwide, as well as a range of restaurants, hotels, spas and other hospitality offerings. Our work aims to understand the people who use our products, gleaning insights to drive product direction and strategy.
Working with us, you will have the opportunity to work with a wide range of creative teams, get inspirational training, work with modern technology and processes and develop your career, all whilst receiving great pay and benefits.
Soho House is looking for a Senior Product Researcher from specialists to methodological generalists, with skills in creative technology and qualitative research methods.
We are seeking leaders who are able to integrate insight throughout the development process and partner with product teams to increase impact on the people we serve and partner with. As a global, consumer-facing business dedicated to connecting creative thinkers, it is essential that we truly understand the audience we are designing for and the business stakeholders we partner with. The right candidates will be communicators, knowledgeable about user experience design and research, passionate about the design and technology industry, a fast moving organisation, excited to collaborate, and focused squarely on impacting the Soho House products and business portfolio.
1. Core Responsibilities
* - Working closely with product teams, as well as other researchers, to identify important research questions
* - Acting as an advocate for users, whether they are members, prospects or staff members, while advocating for people who use our products
* - Shadowing various operational teams, the Director of Product Design and lead designers to support colleagues in their evolving roles and their understanding of user research
* - Designing and executing studies that address both user behaviour and attitudes, using the right methodology for the right questions
* - Assisting in the research of participants for recruiting efforts
* - Generating insights that shape how product teams think about medium and long-termproduct strategy
* - Working cross-functionally with product management, data science, engineering, and marketing
* - Communicating insights in creative and compelling ways
* - Maintaining our team's high standard of work
* - 5+ years experience with human-centered, qualitative research methodologies in a digital start-up environment, who can plan, lead, and execute research projects
* - Empathy and a passion for understanding people and why they do the things they do through observation, interviewing, testing and validation
* - Hands-on experience scoping and prioritising research questions, research planning, data gathering, analysis, summarising, and sharing findings
* - Ability to synthesise, shape and present insights that lead to adoption, actionable design recommendations, impact on our members, and clear strategic direction
* - Comfort in a fast-paced environment where speed, rigor and quality must be balanced to meet project needs, ability to creatively adapt methods and approach to meet the unique constraints of a rapidly changing start-up environment
* - Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal), collaborative mindset, and ability to persuade and inspire project teams and stakeholders of the value of a people-centered design approach
* - Excellent knowledge of research principles, methods, experiment design, facilitation and familiarity with combining qualitative and quantitative data
* - Experience using a variety of qualitative and quantitative research methods and tools (such as UserTesting.com, Typeform), and familiarity with recruiting and analytics suites
* - Experience integrating multiple data sources (customer feedback, market research, survey data, analytics, competitive landscape, and member insight) into a strategic point of view
* - Experience designing for groups of people (international audiences, multi-language localisation, accessibility for people with disabilities, etc.)
1. We want to create the kind of environment that encourages personal growth, experimentation and transparency.
Everyone in the team gets a free Every House membership to Soho House, pension, health insurance and a learning budget among other benefits like clothing allowance (yes....that's correct).We also have a great working environment in our head office in Soho.