8 months ago
Soho House was founded in 1995 as a group of private members' clubs aimed primarily at those within the arts and media sectors. The company has expanded its reach and today operates 24 clubs, hotels, restaurants, spas, cinemas across Europe, North America and Asia.
Unlike its competitors, Soho House is based on a “live-work-play-sleep” concept, in which members and guests can use the facilities for both work and leisure simultaneously. In addition to hospitality spaces, Soho House operates numerous other brands including the Cowshed spa business and product line, the shared workspace Soho Works, and online retailer Soho Home, which enables members to buy homewares and furnishings used in clubs.
The business is expanding rapidly and this is a fantastic opportunity to join the digital product team for a world-leading brand, looking to use the latest technologies across mobile, web, software and AI/Machine learning to firmly establish digital as being at the very heart of the business.
As a Senior Product Manager for Capabilities, you’ll help the Head of Digital Products deliver an ambitious and exciting roadmap for the year ahead and beyond. You will work closely with the Senior Product Manager for Features to help achieve the goals of the roadmap between the two teams. The role focuses on the tech services that provide customers with frictionless journeys, the right content at the right time, ownership of their profiles and how they connect with the physical houses form a digital workspace. To do this you will over see account management, personalisation, house openings, events, experience and payments. These will be provided through the features pod to customers. This is not just a UK role, but a global role as the Soho House expansion continues to roll out across the world.
To do all of this, we want great product minds who are eager to be a major part of helping to both build great products and great product teams. Needless to say, that launching scalable products to customers in a fast paced environment is part of your DNA. You will be able to point to a portfolio of customer facing projects that you have led, made a difference and which you can clearly demonstrate how you achieved the results. Using data, insights and experience. Alongside this you will be comfortable with changes and ambiguity at times as the business pushes ahead with its digital strategy. Product skills, mentoring and great leadership will be your beating drum of inspiration to the teams. This is a hugely exciting opportunity to build digital products that are customer focused and make an impact on a daily basis.
5+ years with the following skills:
* Senior Product Manager shaping strategy and understanding the financial side of the business
* Running multi-million pound programmes of work on time, in budget and making the key priority calls across the programme to deliver effectively and efficiently
* Skilled in leadership and clearly show how you have been able to lead a team and mentor that team to grow individuals to success
* Running programmes of work over several cross functional teams
* Experience with analytical tools and a conversion funnel skillset for growth
* Management experience and running multiple product teams and working with multiple cross functional teams
* Working on technical solutions and getting deep into the architecture to maximise the potential of the roadmap
Along with the following:
* You will be customer first in your mindset, taking pain points and replacing with solutions
* You know your tech stack and how to get the best out of it
* Able to evangelize a vision, and lead digital teams with enthusiasm and conviction to reach that vision
* Co-ordinate complex dependencies for successful implementation and integration
* Unblock development problems through collaboration with teams you oversee and teams you require to help you
* You’ll be commercially minded, with a keen eye for value with the ability to turn data and insight into action. Improve the customer funnel and conversion
* Have the ability to interpret customer / market / technology trends and to share views more widely on how they will affect the business and their product space
* Lead the process of identifying a variety of possible features / solutions that address problems and best reinforce the value proposition
* You’ll understand how to work across a company, cultivating great relationships with commercial, marketing, finance, and other teams
* You ensure effective objectives and key results are set for all new features
* Lead the development of user stories, the development backlog and sprint plan
* Manage a roadmap and work autonomously while delivering great features.
* Seasoned at managing risks across multiple teams
* You report on progress against new feature objectives and key results to key stakeholders, communicating decisions/recommendations to optimise or stop new features
* You know when to escalate issues and ask for help
* As a lean and Agile expert; promote new ideas in the team, encourage and facilitate agile working practices with business stakeholder teams
* You’ll know how to mentor, manage and support members of the team in learning and practising new approaches to internal process and to provide feedback on what is working and what could be improved
* You’ll be eager to roll up the sleeves and get deeply involved in a team, doing what it takes to helping to make things happen and build the organization.
* You’re going to need a good sense of humour!
* You should apply if:· You are skilled and passionate about Product Management, customers and growing great products· You breeze through ambiguity in a fast paced company· You’re highly collaborative, no dictators required here, but you know when to lead by example· You have shipped world class products in a fast paced environment· As a leader you are keen to spread your knowledge to mentor Product teams
* The chance to shape the culture and tech of an incredible company with a diverse and engaged user-base
* A market salary. No need to take a massive pay cut when joining us
* Central London office with some flexibility
* Rest is important so we provide a decent number of holidays
* Global membership to our clubs with a diverse range of benefits including discount on hotel rooms and at restaurants, cinemas,