6 months ago
At the heart of Edwardian Hotels London is a simple founding belief, that from back of house to the boardroom we are all Hosts. Everyone is encouraged to express their individuality and initiative, and to bring their passion to work. (We may wear uniforms, but we don’t believe in uniformity.)
Everything we do is driven by a desire to exceed our guests’, clients and partners expectations. To surprise and delight. To make the time our guests choose to spend with us genuinely exceptional. So that even the shortest stay with us, will last long in their memory. Everyone who works here does this every day across our portfolio of brands, in highly prestigious locations in London and beyond.
For 40 years Edwardian Hotels London has built upon this ambition, and as a family owned company we’re proud of the freedom our independence gives us to grow our business on a relentless and memorable curve – upwards.
With an enviable collection of luxurious distinctive hotels and restaurants such as The May Fair Hotel, Radisson Blu Edwardian London Hotels, Steak and Lobster, Scoff and Banter, May Fair Kitchen, Annayu and May Fair Bar; in the most desirable locations of the UK's most vibrant cities, EHL's vision is unique: To Be Memory Makers.
Being a Memory Maker as a Senior Meetings and Events Sales Executive
In this role, you will become part of the Edwardian family and work within M and E Sales in The May Fair
To achieve hotel revenue, profit and customer satisfaction goals by assisting in the development implementation of strategies to increase hotel M and E Sales
To maximize M and E sales by professional and efficient handling of bookings from the initial enquiry through to the final completion and follow up of each function.
This should involve exceeding the customers expectation on every occasion ensuring that we become the preferred venue for our new, existing and past clients and booking agents.
Supervise staff at all times and be a leader for the team
Implement events standards and improve M and E knowledge within the team
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Creates 100% guest satisfaction by providing the Radisson Blu Edwardian experience through performance that demonstrates the standards of, genuine hospitality and exceeding guest expectations
Gives personal attention, takes personal responsibility and uses teamwork when providing guest service
Listens, apologizes with empathy, finds a solution and follows through when resolving guest problems
Provides Yes I Can%21 Genuine hospitality and teamwork on an ongoing basis
Assumes the responsibility to notice when the guest is not satisfied and uses their best judgment as to when it is appropriate to use the 100% Guest Satisfaction
Participates in the development of the hotel M&E business strategies determined by the departmental manager
Lead the team at all times and not just in the absence of M and E Sales Manager
Attend HOD meetings where required in the absence of M and E Manager
Participates in the M and E sales strategies that support achievement of the hotels goals
Monitors status regularly and adjusts strategies as appropriate
Achieves market share and M and E revenue goals by directing the M and E sales team
Carries out competitor analysis to understand trends and pricing of competitor properties
Assist with M and E sales strategies designed to maximize revenue and yield and participates in the development of yield management strategies for the hotel
Assist with the creation and implementation of M and E sales strategies which are designed to increase awareness in the local market and leverages marketing support provided by Radisson Blu Edwardian and The May Fair
Ensure all materials used to market the hotel are in accordance with brand standards
Qualifies prospective leads as to profitability
Ensures a 1 hour turnaround time for the answering of a customers enquiry
Designs and proposes programs which meet the clients needs
Approves function space allocation for group and catering bookings
In collaboration with the M and E Manager, monitors call productivity and M and E revenue goals for each team member by tracking results
Coordinates M and s efforts for catering and rooms sale
Negotiates and closes contracts with key customers
Ensures relevant SOP levels are achieved for data entry within the Opera Sales and ring system
Seeks opportunities to improve the customer experience by seeking customer feedback and reviewing management reports and developing strategies to improve department and hotel services
Attend Familiarisation Trips and client entertaining
Performs other duties required to provide the service brand behavior and genuine hospitality
Carries out client showrounds of the hotel ensuring the highest of standards at all times.
* Demonstrate an ability to communicate with and understand the needs of others and colleagues and r departments
* Use appropriate writing techniques for correspondence (e.g., letters, e-mails, proposals, etc.) with correct grammar and punctuation.
* Demonstrate ability to proactively prioritize needs, put first things first and effectively manage resources and time.
* Understand the positioning of the hotel, services provided and how the hotel can meet the needs of customers and be capable of closing business.
* Understands the cost/benefits of prospective business and vendor contracts and negotiates contracts which result in mutually beneficial outcomes.
* Apply sales techniques, after appropriate training, into every day customer contact to gain maximum conversion of business
* Presentation skills i.e. impeccable grooming standards
* Demonstrate enthusiasm and commitment and a desire to achieve excellence in everything
* Local market knowledge
* Collaborate effectively with other hotel employees and managers to ensure teamwork
* Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office suite
* Strong negotiation skills
* Ensures full knowledge of GAP Standards and Sales call and GAP Showround and consistently trains team members to achieve benchmark or above results.
We Believe In Developing and Delighting Our Hosts So You Will Receive:
* Competitive Salary
* Complimentary 2 night stay in a luxury Edwardian Hotel of your choice (after two years service)
* Preferential accommodation rates for all Edwardian Hotels for Hosts, friends and family
* Discounts on food and beverage up to 30% in all Edwardian restaurants and bars
* Discounts on Spas and beauty treatments
* Hot meals and salad bar, teas, coffees and juices provided each day
* Uniforms provided per role requirement
All Hosts must have valid permission to live and work in the United Kingdom. Verification of documentation will be undertaken as part of the recruitment process.