3 months ago
Who We Are…
Founded in London in 1995 as a home for the creative community, Soho House has private member clubs, restaurants, gyms, hotels and co-working spaces. We have members spread across the globe, and are working on many new opening in the next few years including sites in Asia.
We are looking for a Senior Editorial Designer to join the in-house Creative team based in London. Reporting into the Group Head of Design, the successful applicant will oversee the design and production of all types of editorial for Soho House, assisted by a Junior Editorial Designer.
This role will lead our in-house print projects. You will oversee the entire print process from initial concepting and layout through to art direction for illustration and photography, and print production and management, ensuring at every stage that what we are creating is on-brand and beautifully executed. You should be as obsessed with detail as you are about art direction and ensuring all parts of each project is coherent.
Our new designer will be part of a small but growing team of designers based in the UK, NYC and Berlin who work across every part of Soho House’s brands globally, aiming to deliver exceptional design at all times. You will manage a junior editorial designer ensuring they are developing their skills, using best practices, and helping to manage their time and workflow.
There will be some opportunities to art direct and produce photo and video shoots including interiors, people and food and drink.
You will be comfortable assisting on our digital projects, translating what we produce in print into our digital product.
You will be expected to create and maintain good working relationships with key people within the business, as well as external companies. There will be some opportunities to travel between our sites each year to maintain our standards globally. You must be able to work fast and accurately under pressure, and handle multiple projects at once.
* A highly creative individual with 4 years’ editorial experience within a creative agency or in-house role
* An approachable, down-to-earth attitude
* Someone who is highly motivated and will proactively come to the table with ideas, insights and thoughtful input for overall brand objectives
* A broad portfolio that demonstrates core skills in identity, typography, editorial, layout, digital and art direction
* Photography & film art direction experience - commissioning and working with photographers & video teams to direct food/interiors/people shoots
* Experience in commissioning illustration for editorial and digital
* Digital editorial experience
* Excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (inDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator etc) and interest in new technology, processes and developments
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
* Excellent knowledge of print processes and production
* A sharp eye for detail
* Strong organisational and time management skills
* A flexible & resilient approach to work with the ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced and demanding environment
* A passion for the pillars of Soho House – hospitality, food & drink, travel, community and culture
Soho House can progress your career
LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT
An extensive range of internally and externally run courses are available for all employees.
From fitness sessions to cinema screenings and art classes, each month we hold a series of fun events which you can sign up to