9 months ago
Posting Date Oct 15, 2018
Job Number 18002AWG
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Bexleyheath Marriott Hotel, Bexleyheath, Kent VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
Senior supervisor position that leads the banquet staff while personally assisting in executing events based on requirements and standards. Develops and directs team to provide consistent, high quality service. Communicates performance expectations and trains staff in processes. Responsible for managing financial and administrative duties.
Education and Experience
* High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the event management, food and beverage, or related professional area.
Skills and Knowledge
* Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
* Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
* Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
* Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
* Number Facility - The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly.
* Mathematics - Using mathematics to solve problems.
* Basic Computer Skills - Using basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
* Originality - The ability to come up with unusual or clever ideas about products, services or situations, or to develop creative ways to solve a problem.
* Analytical/Critical Thinking - The ability to gather and organize information using a logical and systematic process; recognize patterns and relationships in complex data; examine data to identify implications, problems and draw appropriate conclusions; generate alternative solutions to problems; evaluate strengths, weaknesses and consequences of alternative solutions and approaches to solving problems.
* Adaptability - Ability to effectively adjust to major changes in work tasks or the work environment.
* Aligning Performance for Success - Skilled at focusing and guiding others in accomplishing work objectives.
* Building a Successful Team - Skilled at building a cohesive team and facilitating goal accomplishment.
* Building Trust - Ability to interact with others in an honest, fair and respectful way; giving others confidence in one's intentions and those of the organization.
* Communication - Skilled at clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media; engaging the audience and helping them understand and retain the message.
* Customer Focus - Ability to develop and sustain productive customer relationships; actively seeking information to understand and address customers' needs.
* High Work Standards - Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks.
* Planning and Organizing - Skilled at establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure work is completed efficiently.
* Problem Solving/Decision Making - Ability to identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing solutions.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.