11 months ago
The Grand Central Hotel, Glasgow
In the golden age of railway travel, every major train station would boast an equally grand hotel. Central Station in Glasgow is one of the most gorgeous in the country, and The Grand Central Hotel is its award-winning peer. Big, bold and beautiful, The Grand Central Hotel boasts 230 bedrooms, a fabulous Champagne bar and bags of conferencing and event spaces. Set in the very heart of the city, it's loved by locals and visitors alike: its roll call of VIP guests includes JFK, Winston Churchill and Frank Sinatra; whilst the world’s first long-distance television signal was broadcast to the hotel in 1927.
Senior Conference and Events Coordinator
What is the main purpose of the role?
You’ll proactively supervise the Conference Team to ensure the growth of Events business, ensuring the department are proactively looking for opportunities to upsell in order to maximise occupancy and revenue.
It is key that all clients receive a polite, professional and efficient service, ensuring all property and company standards are maintained and all current legislation is adhered to.
You’ll need to support the Team through coaching and mentoring, assist in in prioritising workloads and ensure all team members are trained and proficient in delivering service excellence to all of our customers.
• Ensure that all brochure/email enquiries are dealt with within Principal Hotel timeframes and re-allocate where appropriate
• Management of enquiry in-box and distribution of enquiries
• Complete chases with activities from Opera
• Attend client showrounds and final details appointments
• Attend company standard meetings, line up, daily dash
• Co-ordination of forthcoming events in preparation of function sheets
• Amendments to functions with clear communication with Operations/Kitchen
• Update of Opera with future appointments
• Review of weekly lost/confirmed report
• Meeting and greeting of clients whilst events in house
• Monthly update of BOB trackers
• Review display and conference & events offers on 3rd party websites
• Focus on measurement of call standards and show rounds with monthly review of results and coaching/training to ensure consistency
• Assist with competitor analysis and build strong knowledge of current market trends and competition
• Attend weekly operations meetings
• To support, coach and mentor the team to meet the needs of the business to required standards
• Work closley with the Sales team to participate in client events in the hotel
• Issue weekly function sheets
• Courtesy calls to future organisers when required
• Set targets in conjunction with COM for conversion days
• Keep a rolling count of individual quarterly incentive and support COM with the motivating team to achieve their individual goals
• Update boards with relevant data as discussed with COM
• Attend menu tastings & client appointments
• Action deposit/payments as per the Principal Credit Policy
• Ensure that all POS are completed to the Principal Hotel standard
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone with previous hospitality or conference & events sales experience. You’ll be able to demonstrate leadership and supervisory skills, to drive the team to achieve set objectives.
It is essential that you have excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise with clients and colleagues at all levels.
To be successful in this role, you’ll be highly organised and will thrive working under pressure and to tight deadlines. You are able to work to a high level of accuracy and are committed to delivering excellent service. You enjoy developiong yourself through developing others. Prior use of OPERA, Word, Powerpoint and Excel is essential. Knowledge of Fourth Hospitality is desirable.
* A competitive salary
* 31 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
* Hotel based incentive schemes
* Voluntary benefits including discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
* Discounted accommodation within the group with colleague rates at our other hotels
* Long service awards which increase with service
* Excellent training and development opportunities within both the hotel and the company
* Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
* Free meals on duty