4 months ago
The job in a nutshell:
Define and implement the brand and communications strategies to elevate the Travelodge brand essence of ‘unbeatable value’, in order to build a differentiated brand and drive consideration and re-appraisal from key target customer groups.
What you’ll be doing:
* Develop and implement the insight led cross channel brand and communication strategy and plans.
* Interpret brand and customer insights using market data, consumer data and commissioned research in order to develop a deep understanding of target customers, learn and understand their drivers and barriers to inform strategy.
* Develop and deliver annual multi-channel communications calendars leading a cross-functional team across Digital, Product & Proposition and PR, reviewing quarterly to adjust and reflect changing business requirements and opportunities.
* Develop and deliver consistent on-brand multi-channel campaigns and communications, which creatively convey the brand strengths, product offer, and/or proposition USPs effectively.
* Define and develop the social media strategy to grow an engaged brand following.
* Be the brand custodian and gatekeeper, to drive consistency and on-brand communications across all customer and employee touch-points.
* Work collaboratively with the digital team to ensure the brand is interpreted consistently on our website and through all digital channels.
* Lead and/or work collaboratively with cross-functional teams (Sales, Product & Proposition, PR, Digital, IT, Finance and Revenue) to maximise coherence of brand initiatives, activity or campaigns to ensure successful delivery.
* Support strategic initiatives and new business opportunities.
* Closely monitor brand health performance and competitor activity drawing out key insights and making recommendations for appropriate course of action, where necessary.
* Manage, coach and support direct report(s) to build capability, skills and experience.
* Own and manage existing agency, supplier and partner relationships to deliver efficient and effective ways of working and high quality outputs.
* Identify suitable new agencies, suppliers or partners, leading pitches or tenders where appropriate, negotiating fees and driving delivery against SLAs.
* Oversee the brand marketing budget, managing costs to maximise best value.
What we’ll expect from you:
You’ll have at least 7 years multi-channel marketing experience gained in rapid paced, results driven multi-site businesses.
You’ll be a thought leader and hands on, with the ability to work across a broad spectrum of activity and a passion for delivering great results.
You’ll have a strong blend of creative flair and commercial acumen, passionate about brand building and storytelling to create engaging campaigns and brand communications.
You’ll be customer obsessed, easily able to put yourself in our customers’ shoes, to deliver sound customer-led decision making, campaigns and communications.
You’ll have exceptional organisational skills, working to detailed plans, managing multiple projects and workstreams effortlessly in order to achieve coinciding deadlines.
You’ll have acute attention to detail combined with the ability to see the bigger picture.
You’ll have a can-do approach and are willing to get involved. You’re proactive and a highly motivated self starter.
Decisive and resilient, you’ll have the ability to respond and adapt to a demanding and dynamic environment.
You’ll have a collaborative and consultative style, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills which enable you to lead and work with multiple stakeholders, internal teams, agencies and partners to deliver integrated multi-channel high quality outputs.
At Travelodge, we believe that behaviours are just as important as the activities you carry out. The ones we look for in every colleague are:
I care about people
* I treat everyone in a way I would like to be treated
* I am easy to work with
* I have a can do attitude
* I care about the impact my work has on others
I pay attention to detail
* I do the little things that make a difference to our customers
* I work to brand standards
* I treat Travelodge time, equipment and stock as if it were my own
I drive for results
* I hit targets in my role and work at the right pace
* I take ownership of problems and try to fix them fast
* I look for ways to avoid future problems
* I look for ways to promote Travelodge
What you can expect from us
At Travelodge, we are warm, straightforward and optimistic. We have a big footprint in the UK, but still a small company feel and you can expect quality and value to be built in to everything we do. You’ll have the support of a close network of colleagues and managers, and every day is different here! We want you to bring your personality to work and we love our diversity.
Reward and recognition
It’s not just our customers we want to wake up with a smile on their face. As well as a competitive salary, being part of our hotel support centre means great holiday entitlements, pension contribution deals, being part of our bonus scheme, and a Thanks Card giving generous room and food discounts as well as friends and family rates.
Career and development
We want you to develop further with us at Travelodge and we’ll provide you a development plan to help you reach your goals. You can expect to have a full induction and training relevant to your role. We advertise all our vacancies internally, so you’ll have the opportunity to really develop your career with Travelodge.