about 1 year ago
It takes a very special kind of person to work at Shangri-La: someone with an eye for detail and the skills to perform. Someone with an attitude to deliver and a passion to delight.
Located on level 52, GŎNG, our signature bar derives its name from 'dougong' - a unique structural element of interlocking wooden brackets, used in traditional Chinese architecture and also featured in the bar. The venue's modern Asian design was inspired by the mythical aspect of cinnabar - a mineral that has been used historically to create the 'dragon red' found in the walls of Chinese Imperial Palaces. With a number of intimate chambers (Cocktail Bar, Champagne Bar and the Swimming Pool), the interior is also reminiscent of the traditional boudoirs of the West. The dramatic backdrop of London’s skyline makes GŎNG the perfect place for sunset cocktails and late night drinks.
We currently have a vacancy for a Senior Assistant Bar Manager to join our GŎNG team.
* We are looking for an Assistant Bar Manager to provide a finest personalised service to our customers by engaging with them and by adhering to Food and Beverage brand standards. Our Bar Supervisor will ensure that our guests are comfortable and welcome on a warm manner.
* She/he will ensure that the F&B team achieves profitability and growth in line with our Core Values (humility, courtesy, respect, helpfulness and sincerity) at all times.
Requirements and Responsibility
1. Supervise the smooth running of the bars
* Ensure all venues open on time and that they are ready for business. Ensure excellent front of house service, allocate and support staff throughout the shift to maintain speed of service and cleanliness of venue.
* Keep staff busy and productive at all times.
* Ensure staff meet the standards of the bars, addressing and correcting bad practice where need be.
* Complete daily paperwork to ensure the safe running of the venues, and for those standards to be monitored and maintained throughout the shift.
* Pre-empt and actively responding to problems that arise and keeping management up to date.
* Ensure all venues close on time, end of day jobs completed to a high standard, staff are signed off promptly, all back and front of house areas checked and secured and that venues are in excellent order for the next day’s service.
2. Stock & Financial Control
* Provide supervision and assist in the timely and accurate completion of tasks in relation to the following;
* Tills. To follow all Till and Cashing up procedures and ensure all staff are following these correctly.
* Detailed check of deliveries for accuracy and quality of product.
* Ensuring stock is received and secured in cellars on delivery.
* Ensure stock rotation is applied when storing deliveries and that the correct storage method is applied to each product.
* Display stock levels should be monitored throughout your shift and replenished as required.
* Recording any wastage
3. Assist in the training of bar staff
* Assist in induction days as required
* Monitor new staff and allocate “shadows” for their first few shifts
* Help coach and bring staff through.
* Brief staff at the beginning of the night and debrief at the end
4. Health & Safety
* Ensure high standards of health and safety are maintained at all times
* Complete required cleaning tasks in accordance with the Bars daily and weekly tasks sheet, ensuring the work has been completed to a high standard.
* Pre-opening experience
* Experience in a 5* star London hotel
* Certificate / Diploma in food and beverage or hospitality management
Our proposition to you
In addition to a competitive compensation package, we believe that with the right attitude, anything is possible at Shangri-La and we will invest heavily in your training, offering a variety of programmes for all levels, as well as our own training school, the Shangri-La Academy.
Our aim is always to keep and reward the very best. So each year we fill most of the company’s management positions via internal promotions and transfers and with over 50 projects in development around the world, the opportunities are endless.
We also recognize our responsibility to society and to the environment, and have developed policies and practises which make a real difference.
If you wish to be considered for this role, please send us your CV together with a cover letter which must include the following:
* salary expectations
* a brief overview of the reasons why you wish to join Shangri-La Hotel At The Shard
* specific details of your current entitlement to take up employment in the UK
Please note that all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK, without restrictions. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from all candidates. No agencies please.