4 months ago
Hotel/Office/Restaurant: Park Plaza London Waterloo
Type of employment: Full-time
Level: Department Head
Date posted: 23/04/2019
Closing date: 20/10/2019
Love providing great service and being part of uplifting moments? Take the next step in your Security career with us as a Security Manager at Park Plaza London Waterloo. Park Plaza is the ideal location for you to develop your skills as a Security Manager and shine in a collaborative team environment.
Description of the Company:
At Park Plaza we love to celebrate the individual. We believe every one of our team members has a contribution to make and personal touch to share with our guests and colleagues. We’re always striving for excellence and know that if we invest in our team members, they’ll invest in us. For an engaging work environment where the little things are celebrated along with the major milestones, you’ve come to the right place.
Main role and objectives:
At Park Plaza we believe the safety of our guests and team members is paramount. As Security Manager at Park Plaza London Waterloo you will be responsible for ensuring that the people who choose to stay at and work in our hotels are safe, secure and comfortable.
- Ensure the safety and security of hotel guests, team members and visitors, their belongings and hotel assets at all times through ensuring team members in all departments take a proactive and customer focussed approach to Security.
- Manage and actively contribute to resolving emergency situations, such as hotel evacuations, ensuring the safety of team members and guests.
- Provide inspirational leadership and development to the security team and ensure that team members are deployed effectively to the tasks and areas of work.
- Ensure all incidents and accidents are recorded in timely and clear manner, communicating trends and follow up activity required with the relevant Heads of Department, Hotel Manager and General Manager as relevant.
- Ensure that physical security measures are kept under constant review to ensure that they are adequate to meet current threat levels following advice from the Regional Security Manager and/or hotel General Manager.
What we are looking for:
- Previous experience within a Security Management or Team Leader level role is essential
- A current SIA license holder
- A leader who is passionate about engaging, inspiring and developing their team
- Someone who enjoys working in a fast paced environment while leading from the front
- Experience in managing CCTV, fire and security alarm systems
- Someone who is great at creating and maintaining positive and productive working relationships across the business, communicating effectively in a range of situations
Park Plaza isn’t just a great place to work - it’s a great place to take your career to the next level! We love seeing our team members fulfill their potential and always work together to achieve more with our learning & development offering, enhanced training and competitive salary and benefits.
You’ll also be invited to an “Inspiring Stay” in your hotel, so that you can live the experience and you will also benefit from our Employee and Friends & Family rates available in all Park Plaza and Radisson Hotel Group hotels worldwide!
From the everyday uplifting moments to huge achievements and everything in between, we’re there every step of the way. Park Plaza. Be part of it.