11 months ago
Posting Date Oct 23, 2018
Job Number 18002AG1
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Europe Office - London, London, Greater London VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
We are recruiting for a Sales Manager based in our London Sales office. A corporate booking office role, which reactively sells a collection of our 4 & 5 star managed properties based in central London. This is a fast paced, high volume sales environment with the opportunity to sell up to 186 different meeting and event spaces in 13 properties.
What will I be doing?
Sales Managers are responsible for processing both corporate groups and corporate events, issuing quotes and proposals, following up and converting sales, and generating booking contracts. The role is also responsible for ensuring a smooth transition of all bookings from sales to hotel operations through effective communication and strong administration.
You will receive and convert incoming enquiries for group bedroom reservations, conference and events, or both combined. These will range from small to large sized groups across multiple properties. You’ll use a cross selling approach to achieve various individual targets and maximize revenue across the portfolio. You will be maximising revenue opportunities and interacting frequently with clients through phone and email with the intention of earning repeat and expanded business. The Sales Manager is the key point of contact between the hotel and an organization and its clients. Working with the property proactive sales team to arrange client site visits and also working with the revenue team to ensure the right rate is achieved every time.
What are we looking for?
To successfully fill this role, you should be target driven to perform at the standard expected with strong selling skills. You should also maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
· Strong organisational and administration skills
· An effective team player with a positive attitude
· Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
· Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
· Confident telephone manner
· Excellent grooming standards
· Demonstrated previous experience working in a sales environment
· Previous guest facing experience within a 4 or 5 star hotel
· Demonstrated previous experience working in the conference and events function
· Knowledge of the hotel property management systems (such as Opera Sales & Catering, Cvent, Starcite, Venue Directory etc )
The successful applicant will already have experience in sales from a previous role within the hospitality sector handling group and event enquiries for either multiple or a single property. Ideally suited for experienced sales executives who are looking for a new challenge to grow, or for managers from single site property/hotel that are looking to expand their selling opportunities and knowledge.
In addition to competitive salary and benefits, this role offers great opportunities for a sales professional looking to develop and progress within a structured sales team.
· Worldwide travel perks - Discounted rates on accommodation, food, drink, spa and products
· Industry leading benefits including contributory pension scheme and health cover
· 28 days holidays including bank holidays (increasing yearly)
· Complimentary meals on duty
· Complimentary laundry
· Fantastic career growth opportunities
· Annual events including regular associate events for recognition of achievements
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.