about 1 year ago
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Maximizes revenue through increased bookings across all sales office participating hotels and specifically within designated hotels. Providing an efficient and effective sales process to quickly handle customer enquiries within pre-defined parameters and to the required sales call process standard.Managing complex and high value enquiries within designated hotels.Works closely with the leadership team on identifying areas for improvement on selling strategies, revenue maximization and process. Communicates booking information to all relevant departments. Effectively presents and sells all conference and banqueting products which meet customer needs.
· Previous experience within a sales office or similar environment essential
· Sales and co-ordination experience with relevant comparable market
· Strong administrative and interpersonal skills
· Understanding of sales data and its use
· Proven record of sales achievement
· Is Proactive in all areas of the role
· Keyboard skills and computer input
Skills and Knowledge
· Good selling skills and understanding of sales processes; can bring a sale to closure
· Possesses excellent telephone sales skills
· Good customer development and relationship management skills
· Knowledge of all Marriott Lodging products, cultures and brand strategies
· Good understanding of need time strategy as developed by Revenue Management
· Knowledge of contractual agreements and legal implications
· Knowledge of food trends, food and beverage composition and menu planning
· Excellent sales skills to upsell products and services
· Ability to manage and balance group and local business
· Knowledge of group business
· Ability to implement successful sales strategies for multiple properties.
· Knowledge of operations and associated challenges for all brands
· Strong decision making skills
· Ability to influence others
· Good problem-solving skills
· Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
· Strong organization skills
· Ability to use standard software applications and hotel systems including SFA, Opera, GPO, MARSHA etc.
· Good analytical skills
· Excellent negotiation skills
· Strong customer and associate relation skills
· Ability to develop and maintain relationships e.g., associates, customers, vendors
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
· Convert business through proposal, negotiation and contractual agreement to ensure all revenue potential and targets are achieved as [per individual balance scorecard KPI’s
· Liaise closely with clients to establish needs and expectations and maintain records to develop sales opportunities.
· Achieve required standard for mystery shop calls conducted
· Responds to telephone inquires/ requests for group business in the defined timeline.
· Create and maintain accurate customer meeting/event records in Opera. Capture feedback and make suggestionsadapting offering.
· Suggests positive alternatives through cross-referrals, and ensures that business booked is within hotel parameters.
· Ability to cross sell across multiple hotels.
· Processes all correspondence within acceptable agreed time lines.
· Monitor developments, innovations and best practice across the estate and competitor organizations and implement any process that will improve sales performance.
· Ensure follow up takes place with clients and opportunities are sought for repeat bookings.
· Support other hotel associates on their development of sales awareness and selling skills.
· Prepares and maintains accurate account information and profiles in Opera as per Data Integrity standards
· Ensure that all sales opportunities are effectively cross-referred where possible using the appropriate cross-sell protocol.
· Produces contracts, proposals, BEO’s and other related booking documentation.
· Ensure strong knowledge of Conference & Events products and selling strategies at assigned hotels.
· Utilizes selling skills to book all aspects of meeting in one phone call.
· Proficiency in meeting room set-ups, A/V, and other support services
· Strong knowledge of all hotels; selling features, benefits and objectives
· Understanding of contract management and legalities.
· Maximize revenue by up-selling creative F & B through the Meetings Imagined concept
· Understand need hotels strategy as developed by revenue management
· Understand and achievement of team and individual goals
· Systems and software knowledge (Opera, GPO, SFA, Microsoft, Internet, Marriott Global Source)
· Perceive the wider impact of issues on the immediate business environment
· Communicate the vision in the way that generates excitement, enthusiasm and commitment.
· Focus on the customer and find ways to meet, exceed their expectations
· Build productive relationships with colleagues both internally and externally
· Identify and manage the best resources to effectively deliver project plans.
* Performs other related tasks as assigned by management.
* Complies with Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures.
* Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 40 hours per week.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.