6 months ago
Role title: Sales Manager - Full Time - Prince of Wales
Job Opening: 2019-06-21
Sales Manager – Prince of Wales Southport
Why wait to make your next career move?
Apply now and you could be working at the The Prince of Wales Hotel in Southport which is a beautiful reminder of Britain’s Victorian Heritage.
All 154 en-suite bedrooms of the Prince of Wales hotel have been tastefully designed to preserve the Victorian style of this Southport hotel. The Colonial restaurant serves excellent traditional fayre dishes and the Clubhouse bar, themed in true Golf style, has a friendly atmosphere.
Due to continued expansion, we are looking to recruit a Full Time Sales Manager. As a Sales manager you are responsible to develop and foster business through pro-active direct sales, marketing, telemarketing, direct mail, appointment calls and tours of the hotel. Also develops strategic action plans for the hotel to drive measurable, incremental sales revenue. Major key responsibilities are to drive sales for conference and banqueting business.
Sales Manager Duties and Responsibilities:
* Clear understanding of the hotels business strategies then set goals and to determine action plans to meet those goals.
* Update action plans and financial objectives quarterly.
* Identify new markets and business opportunities and increase sales.
* Represent Hotel in various events and exhibitions.
* Conducts proactive sales calls and arrange site inspection trips to the hotel by clients.
* Able to provide Quick and timely responses to enquiries and develop professional long-term business relationships.
* Provide the highest quality of service to the customer at all time.
* During sales calls, to acquire new business and/or close on business.
* Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g. writing contracts, customer correspondence).
* Able to support the hotels service and relationship strategy, driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
* Attending all department and hotel meetings as necessary.
* Targeting key accounts potential for the company.
* Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
* Develops relationships within community to strengthen and expand customer base for sales opportunities.
* Acquiring and developing new business accounts and preparing sales proposals for clients.
* Closely following up on all business leads within a 24-hour response time line to clients.
* Proven success in a similar role and environment.
* Experience of developing and managing strong relationships with clients within the conference and banqueting sector.
* Empathy towards your customers and colleagues.
* Pride and attention to detail.
* Polished personal presentation with Warm, confident and hospitable personality.
This position offers a very attractive salary and the opportunity for you to take the next step in your career!
In return for your commitment, we will support you in this new opportunity, with
* Up to 28 days holiday including bank holidays per annum
* Discounted stays for you and your family at any of our 60 Hotels & 6 Parks
* Meals on duty (Subject to eligibility)
* Uniform (Subject to position)
* Accelerated promotional prospects
Britannia Hotels are an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants from non-EEC countries will require work permits or permission to work issued by the Home Office.
Britannia Hotels will not recognise any submissions related to unsolicited applications and no agency fees will apply in relation to such submissions. If an agency submits an unsolicited CV to any director or employee of our company, we will not accept liability for commissions or other charges if we subsequently employ that candidate whether directly or through another agency. Where an agency’s correspondence contains a disclaimer indicating otherwise, our policy will prevail in this regard.
Positions are open to all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, candidates of any sexes or sexual orientation. All vacancies are posted both externally and internally on a weekly basis to ensure access to all applicants.