2 months ago
Responsible for the development and performance of all sales activities in assigned market for two branded properties, The Delta Hotel by Marriott in Basking Ridge and the Somerset Hills, a Tapestry by Hilton in Warren, NJ. Solicit new and existing accounts to meet and exceed revenue goals through telephone prospecting, outside sales calls, site inspections and written communication.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION:
* Develop a marketing strategy by analyzing historical, current and future hotel/market trends and creating selling strategies to capture the maximum amount of revenue to meet/exceed sales goals.
* Target high revenue sales calls to ensure a successful direct sales program, in accordance with goals established by department budget and marketing plan.
* Maximize current hotel key accounts by identifying and capturing those that offer revenue growth.
* Produce monthly reports and sales forecasts to analyze current/potential market and sales trends, coordinate activities to
* increase revenue and market share and monitor performance to ensure actual sales meet or exceed established revenue plan.
* Exhibit a positive and involved team attitude to all hotel departments and maintain open communications with all co-workers and
* managers for the best overall performance of the hotel.
* Champion a hospitable culture that promotes a healthy and productive format of serving others with excellence.
* Develops customer profiles and maintains an effective trace system, including trace dates and references, to best meet client needs, resulting in superior account service and increased revenues.
* Schedule conventions and/or business group activities at the hotel and coordinate with other hotel and departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the Sales office and prospective clients.
* Maintain well-documented, accurate, organized and up-to-date file management system to serve client and employer in the most expedient, organized, and knowledgeable manner.
* Develop strong customer relationships through frequent communication and the use of professional, courteous and ethical interpersonal interaction.
* Develop customer profiles and maintains an effective trace system, including trace dates and references, to best meet client needs, resulting in superior account service and increased revenues.
* Promptly follows-up on all customer needs and inquiries in an efficient and expedient manner.
* Conduct research, surveys, personal investigation and study the marketplace and territory to effectively capitalize on the hotel's strengths and competitor's weaknesses and capabilities.
* Focus on revenue-producing activity and selling time by a strategic plan that maximizes direct sales efforts.
* Achieve activity goals as established by management and complete all reports and assignments in an accurate and timely fashion.
* Consistently acquires sales training in an ongoing effort to improve performance.
* Develop awareness and reputation of the hotel and the brand in the local community.
* Perform Manager-on-Duty functions and shifts as assigned.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Two to four-year college degree or equivalent education/experience.
Experience: A minimum of 2-3 years of experience in a related or management position required. Hotel experience highly preferred.
Skills and Abilities: Ability to perform critical analysis and manage wide-range of information. Extensive knowledge of negotiating and sales procedures associated with the hotel industry. Excellent oral, written and presentation skills sufficient to produce sales and marketing communication that properly reflect the Foundation Image. Listen effectively. Ability to delegate, manage manpower and organize complex projects and establishes priorities consistent with department/hotel objectives. Communicate information and hotel services to management, staff and guests.