2 months ago
Join us as a Sales Executive
Principal Manchester are looking for Sales Executive to join our family.
Built as the headquarters for the Refuge Assurance Company in 1895 and extended in 1912, The Principal Manchester has recently completed major renovations, which put The Principal Manchester centre-stage in our "urban lifestyle" hotel brand, including a destination restaurant and bar ‘Refuge’.
Sales Executive’s, receive some great IHG perks:
* £28,000 per annum, Plus Great IHG Perks!
* 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days.
* Hotel wide incentive programme for all front of house and back of house team members with various rewards available monthly
* Discounted international/worldwide room rates for yourself, family and friends
* Access to our Voluntary Benefits portal (HAPI Benefits), which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
* Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
* Long service awards which increase with length of service
* Excellent employee recognition programmes
* Vast range of learning and development programmes
* Opportunities for promotion and transfer across the group
* Meals whilst on duty
Sales Executive role is to is to support the sales team to ensure sales are maximised through structured sales planning and action in order to achieve/exceed the The Principal Manchester budgeted targets in all revenue areas.
Following the extensive investment programme and repositioning of the hotel; identify new markets and clients to support the planned growth strategy in terms of both rate and occupancy in the corporate, and conference & banqueting market segments. You will also Support the sales team with the implementation of the ‘pro-active’ sales plan for these market segments for the hotel. To be successful in this role you will need to be able to work with data/research material, and complete a minimum of 40 sales calls per week to include Cold calling prospect companies from opera or other sales resources such as media, office developments, competitor board spots etc., reconnecting with lapsed users, using industry or Company Project based leads referrals from the hotel team.
We expect our sales executives to secure a minimum of 6 qualified new business appointments per week for the sales team. As well as Conduct competitor board spots and calls on a weekly/monthly basis to support the conference and reservation sales teams; ensuring our market intelligence is current at all times and recorded accordingly to the company standard. Our sales Executives, complete monthly sales activity reports as required by the business, and contribute to the monthly consolidated board sales pack and the monthly Board presentation for the corporate, conference & banqueting market segments. One main reasonability will be to maintain Delphi and SFA with updated information on completed sales activity ensuring company standards are adhered to.
Our Ideal Candidate:
You will have excellent presentation and communication skills, and have the ability to work well under pressure, with minimal supervision and maintain high standards and attention to detail, you must also have excellent research skills and analytical abilities and be self-motivated and committed.
Previous Experience in a similar position is desired.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Sales Executive, then please click ‘apply’ now!
We’d love to hear from you!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.