12 months ago
Hotel/Office/Restaurant: Park Plaza London Riverbank
Type of employment: Full-time
Level: Team member
Date posted: 27/04/2018
Closing date: 24/10/2018
Love providing great service and being part of uplifting moments? Take the next step in your Kitchen career with us as a Room Service Sous Chef at Park Plaza London Riverbank. Park Plaza is the ideal location for you to develop your skills as Room Service Sous Chef and shine in a collaborative team environment.
Description of the Company:
At Park Plaza we love to celebrate the individual. We believe every one of our team members has a contribution to make and personal touch to share with our guests and colleagues. We’re always striving for excellence and know that if we invest in our team members, they’ll invest in us. For an engaging work environment where the little things are celebrated along with the major milestones, you’ve come to the right place.
Main role and objectives:
As a Room Service Sous Chef at Park Plaza London Riverbank you will be responsible for contributing to the production of the highest possible food quality within the kitchen at all times. You will lead the Room Service Kitchen department in the absence of the Executive Head Chef and will support the Executive Head Chef in achieving departmental goals and objectives, with food quality as a main focus at all times.
* Maintains food quality and presentation in each outlet by ensuring that recipes are correctly prepared and presented as per Executive Head Chef & PPHE quality standards
* To prepare and design creative menus with the Executive Head Chef, for the Rooms Service menu as required and train these with the Food and Beverage service team, ensuring all items are appropriately costed and sourced
* Assist with maintenance of HACCP Food Safety Standards through documented procedures
* Maintain food cost budget and minimise waste and spoilage by correct use of product, proper ordering and sharing of ‘mise en place’ with other team members
* To pass on knowledge and skills of the Chef de Partie, Commis Chefs, trainees and support team leaders by explaining and teaching basic cuts, product knowledge, new cooking trends, in an effort to improve quality of products created
* To direct the activities in the kitchen to maintain and improve productivity, food quality and service in accordance with the hotel’s budget and business goals
* To ensure the team are engaged and that the performance of the team is managed in a positive and proactive way
What we are looking for:
* A chef with previous experience in a supervisory position within a busy kitchen environment
* An individual truly passionate about food with a proven track record of creating an inspirational dining experience, preferably in a hotel environment
* Someone who is great at creating and maintaining positive and productive working relationships across the business, communicating effectively in a range of situations
* A leader who is passionate about engaging, inspiring and taking ownership for the development of their team
* Someone able to work in a fast paced working environment whilst leading from the front
* A person who easily connects with others and can live up to our mission statement: Inspiring our guests through individuality and passion!
Park Plaza isn’t just a great place to work - it’s a great place to take your career to the next level! We love seeing our team members fulfil their potential and always work together to achieve more with our learning & development offering, enhanced training and competitive salary and benefits.
You will be invited to an “Inspiring Stay” in your hotel, so that you can live the experience and you will also benefit from our Employee and Friends & Family rates available in all Park Plaza and Carlson Rezidor hotels worldwide!
From the everyday uplifting moments to huge achievements and everything in between, we’re there every step of the way. Park Plaza. Be part of it.