11 months ago
Start Your Journey With Us
Are you into fashion, music, and all things trending? Then step into the world of Wow.
Sophisticated and quirky, glamourous and decadent, W London _ Leicester Square crystallizes the quintessential dual personality of the British soul. Located at the crossroads of the film temples and the catwalks of Brewer Street, steps away from Soho’s electric nightlife, the hotel - like the city itself - is a bold contrast of themes, colors, textures and characters.
W London Hotel is now premiering the role of Rooms Maintenance Engineer (Ken Fix It).
Working as a Ken Fix It you will be required to carry out corrective and preventative maintenance on all mechanical, electrical, plumbing and audio visual plant and equipment throughout the hotel. You will be working flexible shifts, including night shifts. The main duties will include:
* Responsible for carrying out regular planned maintenance in the bedrooms and public areas effectively and efficiently.
* To carry out other maintenance tasks as may be required by the demands of the hotel.
* Ensuring all areas are maintained to the high standard expected by our guests.
* To prioritise incoming work with safety and our guests comfort being attended to first.
* To advise Engineering Manager of any concerns associated with your work schedule.
* To be proactive and enthusiastic in your job at all times.
The work carried out must follow Maintenance standards and ensure this is done to a five-star standard. In addition, excellent customer service must be provided to our guests.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Engineer to join a busy department and is ideal for an individual who is dedicated to delivering 5 star service.
The successful Ken Fix It will:
* Be dedicated to the delivery of exceptional service and continuous improvement
* Be able to work alone and use initiative
* Have strong problem solving skills
* Demonstrate an excellent command of the English language
* Have a positive attitude and excellent interpersonal skills
* Be immaculately groomed and exceptionally well presented
* Display a confident, professional and welcoming personality
* Be able to work comfortably and calmly under pressure
The successful Ken Fix It will ideally:
* Have previous experience in an Engineering team in luxury properties
* Have worked in an Engineering role previously
* Have some knowledge of Electrical/Plumbing/HVAC
* Be computer literate to check work orders and update our Engineering system
* Be able to demonstrate excellent customer service and a willingness to go the extra mile
Enjoy a variety of benefits including meals in our Staff Restaurants to laundry and dry cleaning service, childcare, optical, and dental plans to name a few… last but not least, discover the world thanks to our discounted hotel rates when travelling and staying in one of our Marriott Properties.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.