5 months ago
The Grand Central Hotel, Glasgow
In the golden age of railway travel, every major train station would boast an equally grand hotel. Central Station in Glasgow is one of the most gorgeous in the country, and The Grand Central Hotel is its award-winning peer. Big, bold and beautiful, The Grand Central Hotel boasts 230 bedrooms, a fabulous Champagne bar and bags of conferencing and event spaces. Set in the very heart of the city, it's loved by locals and visitors alike: its roll call of VIP guests includes JFK, Winston Churchill and Frank Sinatra; whilst the world’s first long-distance television signal was broadcast to the hotel in 1927.
What is the main purpose of the role?
As part of our Housekeeping team, your responsibilities include maintaining the cleanliness and good order of all rooms to create a pleasant environment for our guests and our team.
In addition, you will perform cleaning and maintenance of all storage areas, public areas and employee areas to the required standard. You will handle any guest queries in a courteous and professional manner and escalate as required, as well as reporting any malfunctioning equipment, damaged furniture or maintenance problems.
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role you should have excellent personal presentation and a strong work ethic. You will be proactive, able to work under your own initiative and the drive to consistently meet our high standards in terms of cleanliness and brand pillars ensuring our guests have a comfortable stay with us. Ideally you will also have experience in a similar role.
* A competitive salary
* 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
* Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
* Access to our Exclusively Yours, Voluntary Benefits portal, which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
* Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
* Long service awards which increase with length of service
* Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
* Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
* Free meals on duty
Please take a look.