about 1 year ago
Dakota Hotel in South Queensferry is looking for reliable individuals to join our Housekeeping team in the role of Cleaner / Room Attendant. We are a 132-bedroom stylish hotel with a cocktail Bar and brasserie-style Grill, as well as private events spaces.
South Queensferry is accessible via public transport links (see the stop at Tesco in Ferrymuir Retail Park on bus timetables). There is also free parking for our team.
Pay rates are based on national minimum or living wage, paid weekly. There is a part-time contract for 12 hours per week, working weekends Saturday 10:00-16:30, Sunday 10:30-17:00.
There is a full-time contract for 30 hours per week, working any 5 days out of 7.
Dakota is a lifestyle brand developed for the independent thinking, discerning traveller. We attract individuals who are passionate about service and like to do the simple things brilliantly.
Started in 2004, it is the enthusiasm and commitment of our team which has propelled our ongoing success. Our brand currently has four properties; Dakota Edinburgh, Dakota Eurocentral, and Dakota Deluxe Glasgow, and Dakota Deluxe Leeds.
• To thoroughly deep clean guest bedrooms and ensuite bathrooms, making beds, and detailing to provide guests with an immaculately clean and welcoming space.
• Be able to carry out tasks such as vacuum cleaning, dusting and polishing, mopping, and lifting items such as duvets.
• Action notes on guest preferences and requests to personalize guest stays e.g. provide firm pillows, setting up a cot.
• Follow health and safety procedures closely at all times.
• Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of safe chemical handling guidelines and usage of cleaning equipment such as steamers.
• Have at least 1 years cleaning experience is strongly preferred.
• Someone with an eye for detail and who likes to work alone.
• A reliable and dependable individual.
• Team members must be able to work weekends and bank holidays.
• Previous training in health & safety or chemical handling is beneficial but not required as this training will be provided upon starting.
• Able to be physically active and be standing for the entirety of your shift.
HOW TO APPLY
If your aspirations are not merely to take the next step on the career ladder, but to develop within a company who value their guests and their people then there is only one place for you. You’ll love Dakota.
We welcome applicants to discuss the shift times and days of work suitable to their other commitments. Please